Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 5 months ago #191887

Hi All

Planning my next oil change and considering using an engine flush. What are your thoughts. My car is an TF 2004 with 85000 miles on the clock.

In the past I have use cheap motor oil to flush, drained and the refilled with Magnatec. (new filter naturally)

For those that flush what would you recommend?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 5 months ago #191889

I found that Forte coolant flush was excellent so I would presume that their engine oil flush will be also . It's not cheap but I have rarely found a good product that is . I think it's good to give an engine a flush out every now and again .
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit .

To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 5 months ago #191900

There is a school of thought that flushing a high mileage engine can cause more problems than it solves, as it dislodges sludge etc. which isn't doing any harm where it is, and it then ends up blocking oil ways. Views anyone?

To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 5 months ago #191904

Working for London Taxis International, we always used flushing oil at our dealerships , never had a problem blocked oil ways .
John

Re:To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 5 months ago #191910

I always flush with a cheap 10/40 'supermarket' oil. Run it for a few days in that, then use flushing additive. Never had a problem and the oil I drain out initially is very rarely black, usually deep golden.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Re:To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 5 months ago #191915

I always flush with a cheap 10/40 'supermarket' oil. Run it for a few days in that, then use flushing additive. Never had a problem and the oil I drain out initially is very rarely black, usually deep golden.

If you were going to do that, wouldn't you want to flush with a cheap supermarked thinner oil like a 5w30 or even a 0w20 so that the thinner oil brings out all the crud?

Re:Re:To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 5 months ago #191917

If you were going to do that, wouldn't you want to flush with a cheap supermarked thinner oil like a 5w30 or even a 0w20 so that the thinner oil brings out all the crud?

I prefer to run it for up to a week before the flush oil (minimum a few days) so don't want to run it on the wrong type of oil really.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Re:Re:To Flush or not to Flush 4 years 4 months ago #191968

Anyone tried adding approx. 200ml (1/4 pint) of diesel to the existing oil, let the engine idle for ten minutes, drain it, and change the oil and filter as normal.
Diesel has cleaning additives in it, mixes with the oil which thins it and is cheaper then any flushing agent.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT