Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Glove box central locking 4 years 10 months ago #190728

In an idle moment today during my drive home it occurred to me that it would be really useful if the glove box locked with the central locking. Has anyone done this?

All it should need is a solenoid controlled from the door central locking, driving a pin or similar which secures the door closed - should be reasonably easy ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Glove box central locking 4 years 10 months ago #190729

Interesting idea. I'd be intrigued by your thinking about this.
As, personally, I don't see the benefit for the work involved, as the glove box is protected by the central locking/alarm on the car itself. If the central locking/ alarm is set you can't get at the glove box.

Also I only have a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in there anyway!:P
David
:shrug:

Glove box central locking 4 years 10 months ago #190732

David, i agree if alarm is set and you open the glove box the alarm will go off, i'm thinking if the roof is open, car alarmed but glove box not locked with the key, then you could get in and remove contents, but the alarm would go off. The reason is to give more security - i would feel happier leaving wallet etc. in the glove compartment if i know it is positively locked, and this could be achieved without having to use the key.
I've obviously got too much time on my hands, and like a challenge ( as if TF ownership isn't challenging enough already!)

Glove box central locking 4 years 9 months ago #190790

Let us know when you have got it working Gavin. ;)

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT