Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Delphi DS 150e and MEMS-Diag 4 years 10 months ago #190712

A while back I bought myself two diagnostics tools for my car which has a 1.8 K series engine with a MEMS 1.9 a standard engine giving out (approx) 118 BHP, one is the Delphi DS 150e (copy) and the other is MEMS_Diag (the full version)

both seem to work OK in that they give consistent results at a given engine rev and coolant temp

one thing the Delphi keeps showing “Crankshaft status Not OK”

and a fault I can’t reset/clear is one thats says “outside temperature sensor” is this due to the MEMS 1.9 dos’t have an outside temperature sensor?

as I don’t know what are the default readout from the MEMS 1.9 I’m not sure if this is an issue or if it’s due to not being relevant for the MEMS 1.9

in fact as I don’t know what are the acceptable range from both readouts of the Delphi and the MEMS_Diag I don’t know if I have something that needs looking at

this is coming from me having an issue with the engine a while back, and had an auto electrician come over to sort out, more of a trial & error than a case of him knowing/finding out the issue

I have been spending what feels like ages googling for the parameters of the MEMS 1.9 or anything about the Delphi readings with no luck

So as much as I know what readings the MEMS 1.9 is sending out I don’t know how to interpret them, any help or pointer to where to look for this information would be most welcome

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mollydog.

Delphi DS 150e and MEMS-Diag 4 years 10 months ago #190714

Do you know of anyone with a similar car that you could plug your diagnostic units into to get a comparison of data. This may show if any of the readings from your car are out of range.

Sundance

Delphi DS 150e and MEMS-Diag 4 years 10 months ago #190724

I’ve managed to find out what some of the readings should be

I see my Fuel Trim is OK as 100% = 0 and it’s running at -/+ 1% well within the 5% tolerance

the lambda looks a little on the rich side if 450mv is the ideal set point

MAP @ 30 ~ 28 kPa looks OK

the Idle Speed Error looks well at less 100

so it’s just finding out about the others

I’m thinking if I do know anyone with a K sires engine in their car, but off hand can’t think of anyone close to me right now

Delphi DS 150e and MEMS-Diag 4 years 9 months ago #190738

There's a thread here that has some info captured using the pScan tool. Not sure if this helps you as the units reported may be different from those reported by Delphi and MEMS-Diag.

I had a play with MEMS-Diag a while back and used it to 'tune' the engine slightly in terms of Ignition Advance. PScan now does the same so I've more or less ditched MEMS-Diag. If it was still being supported, I think it has some good aspects but I think the developer lost interest.

Where did you get your Delphi DS 150 (ish) from?
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mollydog

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Delphi DS 150e and MEMS-Diag 4 years 9 months ago #190740

I bought my Delphi (copy) off eBay

I also have the MEMS_Diag (full version) both work fine with my 1.8K engine, it’s just after what feels like months of googling, I can’t find much on what both the MEMS Diag or the Delphi reading should be for a well running engine, if it’s running fine or not,

I’ve managed to discover what a few of the readings are and what their perimeters should be for a well running engine but not all of them, and this is what I’m hoping to discover, thank you for the link, I'll have a read, I did do a search before posting but didn't find the answers

Edited to add:

just finished reading the link you posted, I hope it’s taken further so we can see what the average settings are, I’ve uploaded my Excel file for others to see if they wish
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by mollydog.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT