Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Electric Boot Release 4 years 10 months ago #190666

Hi guys n gals, back again after many jaunts with MG ROVWE SOUTH WEST GROUP, anyone pretty up pn our auto electrics ?
Finally got round to fitting my electric boot release (a pretty universal ebay kit) physically fitted ok after some head scratching and wired up per diagram using 4 pins off a 5 pin relay.
OK so far , relay clicks when switch operated...boot lock not operated...….
Right....removed boot solenoid from lock and retried and solenoid operates.....
Circuit tester used and a good 12 volts to solenoid when in situ...
checked for physical obstructions to operating and found nothing....
Lock operates ok with key as normal....
By accident left keys in lock when trying electric release again and hey presto...electric release opened boot !!!!!!!!!
tried numerous times with boot open but locked and boot shut and bugger me...…..
With key in lock but not turned electric release opens the boot but with no key in the lock the electric release is heard operating the solenoid but boot lock not releasing either with boot open or shut !!!!!!!!
Right ….my own thoughts are that some part of central locking/immobiliser system is blocking it..in that somehow inserting the key into the boot lock before turning makes a contact and allows the boot to open without triggering an alarm and allowing remote access …
Any ideas ????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Electric Boot Release 4 years 10 months ago #190669

Is the fob attached to the key? and does it make any difference if the fob is detached?

Electric Boot Release 4 years 10 months ago #190674

Strange one teejay, try wiping the boot seal with silicon lub.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Electric Boot Release 4 years 10 months ago #190676

It is rather difficult for me to advise if I do not know where (to which wires) you attached new electrics and without diagram of how it is connected.

Electric Boot Release 4 years 10 months ago #190678

TeJay,
there is a sort of micro switch (very mechanical) inside the boot lock mech difficult to see without looking up inside of the boot mech.
I am sure that I had this same problem as you are having and when I checked the mech with a spare one I have I found that the arm of the micro switch was not touching the other contact -it can be bent back into place
just an idea

Mike

Electric Boot Release 4 years 10 months ago #190681

Thanks guys, problem sorted after consulting MGOC Technical Staff, appears mounting instructions of the solenoid are incorrect, repositioning and reducing solenoid pull rod has freed it up enough, they still baffled why key in barrel had allowed it to operate before.

Electric Boot Release 4 years 10 months ago #190685

well done

Electric Boot Release 4 years 9 months ago #190887

Umm, no ideas , sorry...but frustrating if ( like most of us ) the idea of the release is a "locked my keys in the boot safeguard" ..& given keys to be rescued would be in the boot 😱😟 sort of self defeating !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT