Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190361

Hello! Is anyone familiar with the finer points of the Stepspeed system on the TF? Specifically, I would like to know if the wiring for the reversing light switch is the same as for the manual box. I am trying to sort something out for someone else so do not have the car available.

On the manual TF, the wiring for the reversing light switch is a handy place to pick up a switched +12V feed. The switch is connected to the loom by two standard bullet connectors which can be fairly easily accessed on top of the gearbox. Is it the same on a stepspeed?

The TF wiring diagram suggests that both have similar wiring but with different switches. The Rimmer parts drawings don't really help as I cant find the reversing light switch in them.

Can anyone help, please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190376

......The Rimmer parts drawings don't really help as I cant find the reversing light switch in them.

Can anyone help, please?

Have you checked the part numbers?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190379

......The Rimmer parts drawings don't really help as I cant find the reversing light switch in them.

Can anyone help, please?

Have you checked the part numbers?

On the Rimmer website, do you mean?

Yes, for the manual box the reversing light switch is easy to find. It's on the "MGF and MG TF Gearbox Casing and Reversing Light Switch" drawing. Part no CDU51.

On the drawings for the auto gearbox, I cannot find the reversing light switch anywhere (unless it's called something else?).

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190386

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
I don't know much about Steppies but it maybe a combination switch, incorperated with an inhibitor switch to prevent starting in gear and possibly incorperated in the ECU connection.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190388

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
OK, I just checked the workshop manual wiring diagram, it would appear to be a combination switch park/neutral (inhibitor) with 4 pins, located the lower left side above the trans oil pan, under the LH drive shaft.
Black female connector part # YPC10250 (connector reference # C0268).
It has 4 pins, pin #2 green/yellow & pin #4 green/black are the reverse light connections.
You would need to intercept the green/yellow wire to utilise this circuit
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190389

Yes, for the manual box the reversing light switch is easy to find. It's on the "MGF and MG TF Gearbox Casing and Reversing Light Switch" drawing. Part no CDU51.

I tend to click on the part and see what it fits, in this case lots of manual Rovers and Range Rovers but no manual cars.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190393

OK, I just checked the workshop manual wiring diagram, it would appear to be a combination switch park/neutral (inhibitor) with 4 pins, located the lower left side above the trans oil pan, under the LH drive shaft.
Black female connector part # YPC10250 (connector reference # C0268).
It has 4 pins, pin #2 green/yellow & pin #4 green/black are the reverse light connections.
You would need to intercept the green/yellow wire to utilise this circuit

Thanks, Cobber, that is quite helpful. So the switch is definitely different from that fitted to manual gearbox. The 12V feed is the same colour green/yellow but it seems unlikely that it will be so easy to tap into in the CVT as it is in the manual box. I guess I'm going to have to find a stepspeed and have a look underneath. Either that or find some other convenient place to pick up 12V at the back of the car.

Stepspeed reversing light switch 4 years 11 months ago #190394

I tend to click on the part and see what it fits, in this case lots of manual Rovers and Range Rovers but no manual cars.

Thanks, TC. I know about the manual gearbox but it wasn't clear at all which was the reversing light switch on the CVT/auto/stepspeed gearbox. Cobber has pointed me in the right direction for that now and it looks like it is probably part no UHB100170, the 'inhibitor' switch. Unfortunately, this doesn't answer my original question which was actually about the wiring to the reversing light switch. If I had the car to hand, I think that it would be easy to get an answer...

Thanks.

Last edit: Post by BruceTF135.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT