Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190202

• g7nbp's Avatar Topic Author
  • g7nbp
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Right on cue, with the prospect of a decent bank holiday weekend and getting out for a hill climb event with the local Motorsport group and long weekend of top down action, Hesketh decides once again to split a hose... Thankfully just 2 mins from home.

I've ordered a new hose off eBay, but it's gonna be mid week before it arrives :( Bugger...

The real reason for the post (aside from venting steam - me and Hesketh!) Is to ask if anyone has done a full silicone hose replacement throughout... And if so which and at what cost? And have you had any problems with OAT with silicone?

I've come to the conclusion that this year I need to systematically replace many of the parts that may be nearly 25 years old now, and hoses are high up the list.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190204

One of the facebook groups - I think its the modified F and TF group, are looking into a bulk buy of silicone hose kits for maximum discount.
The organiser has been tendering out quotes and is waiting for replies back with prices for a bulk batch, for both 135 and 160 in both PRT and non PRT variants. Also a variety of colours should be available.
I think the problem may come as maybe only one manufacturer (probably Roose) may do the OAT resistive hoses, but we are waiting to find out the results before the price is announced.
May be worth having a look at Facebook and seeing which group it is...I honestly cant remember right now and as I am at work, cannot get onto social media to check.

Sundance

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190205

It's the Facebook MGF and TF Enthusiasts page. Search the page for "guy mawson silicone hoses". Just "silicone hoses" will probably do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190215

• g7nbp
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Cheers, I will have a look.

I've replaced the underfloor pipes with stainless and a couple of the hoses over the years, but I'm sure some of the other originals must be in a similar weakened condition. Time to bite the bullet and replace the lot.

... Which then raises the question....

What colour????

I'm thinking red.

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190217

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Dog cock pink!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190218

Cheers, I will have a look.

I've replaced the underfloor pipes with stainless and a couple of the hoses over the years, but I'm sure some of the other originals must be in a similar weakened condition. Time to bite the bullet and replace the lot.

... Which then raises the question....

What colour????

I'm thinking red.

So you're definitely going down the silicon route then .?

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190244

Yes that dog cock pink is summat else innit.
Attachments:

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190258

• g7nbp
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Scarily I found myself actually wondering how that would look

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190260

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Go on..........ya know ya wanna!:yesnod:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

The sun is out so of course It's time for Hesketh to dump all his coolant 4 years 11 months ago #190262

How about rust colour? it would match the underneath of most MG's :lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT