Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

NOOOOO now it's leaking :-( 5 years 2 weeks ago #190059

I’ve had to drive the little car around in the rain for a day or two (dry weather only, normally) as the 75’s off the road AGAIN.

Parked outside my friend’s house for a couple of hours, then came out to find the front left hand side of the passenger seat pretty wet. Never had this before :rant:

Although I don’t usually drive it in the rain, it sits in my driveway, and gets rained on constantly, so not sure why it’s suddenly started leaking now.

Hard for me to tell exactly where it’s coming from in the dark, except obviously it’s somewhere in the front left-hand corner of the roof, and dripping down, as there are splash marks on the leathery bit of the seat…

Any ideas chaps? Like why has it suddenly started, and how do I go about isolating and fixing it? I did do a search, but I don’t think I’m very good with it.

Suppose I should look in the How-To’s :doh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NOOOOO now it's leaking :-( 5 years 2 weeks ago #190063

OK, bit more detail now I’ve had a chance today:

1. I did all the reproofing thing (Autoglym) about 3 months ago, though it wasn’t leaking then (just wanted it a bit blacker);
2. Doesn't seem to have any holes or other imperfections;
3. I read the bit about adjusting the catches to pull it down harder on the rubber seal at the front… do you think that might be the answer?

Thanks as always :broon:

NOOOOO now it's leaking :-( 5 years 2 weeks ago #190065

Same symptoms as mine. Found my leak on the n/s corner where the roof, A post and window meet (supposedly). Not fixed it yet as the car is undercover and, like you I don't drive it in the rain usually. I found that if you close the door with the window partially open, then close the window, it doesn't leak. Have yet to find a proper cure. Possibilities are adjusting the window or replacing the rubber seal, but that's quite expensive. You could always try putting a thin rubber tube in the drain hole to push the rubber seal out a bit, but thats been done to mine already and it obviously hasn't worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

NOOOOO now it's leaking :-( 5 years 2 weeks ago #190068

Probably the Cantrail seals on the soft top, there are two each side, a hinged one on top and one sloping down at the rear. Most original ones will probably be deformed with age, so best to get a new set while they are available. I replaced mine last month a I had drips coming in from the top of the window. Sorted the leak out a treat.
I still have to replace the primary seals that go all around the doors and windscreen, I managed to get a reasonable one from MGFnTFbitz secondhand, but may opt for a brand new one - as expensive as they are, as it should be good for another ten or fifteen years.

Sundance

NOOOOO now it's leaking :-( 5 years 2 weeks ago #190070

Probably the Cantrail seals on the soft top

Thanks!

Ummm...

What's a Cantrail please?

NOOOOO now it's leaking :-( 5 years 1 week ago #190080

Seals between the side windows and the soft top.
See the picture below, they are on the right behind the downpipe

Sundance

NOOOOO now it's leaking :-( 5 years 1 week ago #190081

Aah right, thanks. Yes might well be I suppose. Funny, it's been sitting in the rain ever since without any further dripping :-?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT