• Page:

Topic

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189441

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
Lidl are selling these oil filter wrenched for under 3 quid, look like they may get into the tight access that our K series engines have, gotta be worth a punt at this price!

Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189442

Had one of these for years bought from Lidl. Works on most oil filters and especially good on my TF.
It did break on one end but I just drilled a new hole and it was as good as new.

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189446

I bought a cup type filter remover for the k series....used with a 3/8 ratchet and extention bar...it grips the filter by the flutes on the filter and causes no crushing etc to the filter body....can be used to remove filter and install....cost about the same has the lid wrench and is made to last.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189447

I'm not by no means knocking lidl or aldi...there are like sundance has shown some cost effective tools ....I'm always having a gander

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189448

To be fair to the Lidl wrench it broke using it for a task it wasn't designed for.

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189449

Yes I've got a army of filter wrenches messing with engines on a daily basis....but when I bought my tf..I wanted one to add to its own service kit...along with its timing tools.....looking for the proper fitting cup wrench was a test...sometimes only coming in complete kits or silly prices.looking back mine was £3.45...but I bet with increasing inflation they have doubled by now...on joining this forum I read a post which said...it's the same as the yamaha filter.....so I just went back on the forum search and here is a pic taken from that post showing what your looking for.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189450

Attachments:

Oil filter wrench 5 years 2 months ago #189468

I have had a Lidl one for several years and is great for occasional DIY use.
I've not had any issues with any tools I have bought there.

I tend to buy cheaper tools first time round. If they fail I will spend a lot more for the replacement as obviously I use them more than other tools that haven't failed.

Incidentally I didn't see these in Dorking Lidl when we were there yesterday.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT