Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Gaps letting water in.. and quick questions! 5 years 2 months ago #189428

Hi all, looking for advice on an issue I can’t work out how to solve... and then a couple of quick questions if that’s ok?

1) Just changed roof and frame but still having a slight issue in that when the doors are closed, in the area Marked on the attached photo, is a gap where water is getting in.

At first I thought the seal had shifted but seemed to be the same issue with new roof in place too and seals refitted.

Anyone else had this issue and know the fix?

2) Also (probably not related), how do you fix the rattle if the windows in both sides when they are rolled down between 10% and 90% of the way? A little annoying!

3) does 2000 mgf have a power steering reservoir to top up fluid and where is that?

Hopefully not sounding like a complete dunce here!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Additional info added

Gaps letting water in.. and quick questions! 5 years 2 months ago #189429

In answer to Question 3: The power steering is electric not hydralic and as such there is no fluid reserivor to top up!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Gaps letting water in.. and quick questions! 5 years 2 months ago #189430

1 and 2 may be related.

The rattling is loose bolts on the window lift mechanism. You'll need to remove the door card and tighten up any bolts/screws you can see on the mechanism. Also grease the guide rails and swivel points while you're at it.
You could find that this stops the leak too, but otherwise you may need to adjust the fit of the glass.

There's a how to on window glass adjustment.

There is a small shaped seal that goes around the rear end of the glass at the bottom and has a plastic plug securing it to the door. Is this in place? If missing that could give a leak in the area highlighted.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Correction

Gaps letting water in.. and quick questions! 5 years 2 months ago #189451

You should have one of these attached to each door like David mentioned.
Attachments:

Gaps letting water in.. and quick questions! 5 years 2 months ago #189454

Thanks all for your help!

Both doors missing those rubber end caps, can anyone show me a pic of them in place so I can see how they should look when fitted please? Will double check in the morning and try and order some from Mgfntfbitz in Glossop...

Gaps letting water in.. and quick questions! 5 years 2 months ago #189465

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT