Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Instruments calibration data 3 years 7 months ago #194042

The MGF reads the multi toothed ring on the back of the brake disc to read road speed, now I don't recall how many teeth it has but it's a lot more than you propose so I fear you will always suffer from over-assistance.
With theTR7 I haven't decided yet but as I intend to use a much stronger Borg Warner/BTR diff from the Aussie made version of the Nissan Skyline, I can fit the rear disc brake set up from a Ford Falcon ( should bolt on with little fuss) The ABS versions of these have a segmented tone wheel fitted to the rear of the disc. I'll use this tone wheel to read road speed. (Uses a wider version of the Borg Warner/ BTR diff)

I have much uprated wilwood front brakes, and a stonking great V8 so will need to upgrade the rear brakes anyway.

I'll use the pulse adjuster to set the level of assistance to only work at low parking speeds gradually reducing assistance with increase in road speed, to no assist at all at a fairly low road speed.
The beauty of the Jaycar set up is that there are no adjustments on the digital pulse adjuster box itself, as it is adjusted by the removable controller, so once set it can't be accidentally rest or fiddled with.
If you want to adjust it, you simply plug in the controller and alter the settings to your desire.

If the Melbourne in "Phil Harry from Melbourne" is the Melbourne in Victoria Australia, I could lend him my controller and help.

I dunno why the PM wouldn't work, just email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (it's a disposable email address so spam and scam away guys)
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT