Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188767

just got boot rack on ready for next summer,lets all hope it will be a good one. :woohoo:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188779

It's on the wrong way round.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188780

hi Andy, i thought it was on rite as when you take off it stops anything from falling off,

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188781

just thought on,if i brake sharpish, whatever is on the rack will end up on my head,thanks Andy :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Lawrence

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188789

just been onto the mg site and have been told this is on correctly, ?????????????????????/

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188790

I used to have one years ago on my Spitfire, I always put the upright at the rear - seemed a natural place for it to help stay the luggage.
Googling images and it seems that the rack is fitted either way in equal measure so maybe its just down to the user and how he sees fit to put it on.
I can see the point in putting the rack the other way up, to protect the rear plastic screen from flying luggage in the event of hard braking or, god forbid, an accident. But it still shouts out to fit the way Graham has, to help support the luggage.

My vote is to put it the same way Graham has, any other wisdom on this one, lets see how many would fit like Graham and how many as Andy would! So far Graham 1 Andy 0

Sundance

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188791

More on the subject here, confirming Andy's comments...
https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst44126_Boot-Rack--which-way.aspx

Sundance

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188792

Hi Andy to be honest it does look better with the raised bar at the rear, I don't think anyone realy knows wich way around they go, it is just a matter of making sure nout can fall off, this is a brain shaker, but not realy botherd by this, have a great chistmas to you and you'rs graham.

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188793

I think it's down to owners preference...but if yo had a Ferrari with launch control then I reckon the raised bit to the back...but for a tf I think the raised bit at the front...wouldn't like to have a suitcase overtaking if you have a frontal.Take a look at the triumphs...are those bootracks only held on by suckers?

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188794

hi,thanks i dont like the look of these, could come off anytime.unless u pray hard.

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188795

on reflacting on what has been said up to now i am as lost now as i was when i started..:-? :-?

boot rack 5 years 3 months ago #188796

Going anywhere nice?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT