Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188797

Not sure which bootrack thread to post on now....ok this one will do...I think those suckers were used a lot in the 70s I think I remember my family going on holiday with a roof rack held on by suckers...even the daleks on Dr who were using them.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188798

as the 60s song goes, i think i'm going out of my mind.

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188801

Only heard going out of my head or is that the same thing

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188803

Judging by the way your suspension looks, it's a very heavy luggage rack !!! :lol:

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188809

When I go away, I throw the spare tyre on the boot rack and use the spare wheel well as luggage space
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188811

had the springs put on the wrong way around all fixed now,
Attachments:

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188827

just been onto the mg site and have been told this is on correctly, ?????????????????????/

But this is THE MG site and it IS wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188828

to be honest i give up. i understand the bar is surposed to be at the back window , but i can understand it being at the rear, so it comes down to how you want to fit it, i do agree with you tho, it seems sense to protect your head in the event of a frontal collision, would not like anything hitting my bonce at 30mph :broon:

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188829

To quantify my response below - I am a holder of a CPC (certificate of professional competence) in road freight management.

If an item is properly secured it shouldn't move in normal circumstances in any direction.

The greatest force on said item is under heavy de-acceleration (i.e. heavy breaking or crashing) is forwards.

In this situation the item, if it breaks loose, could come through the rear screen and hit the occupants on the ack of the head.

On a lorry you should have the load against the bulk head just behind the cap, and if there is a gap you should fill the gap to stop the load moving forward. Not to do so could result in a fine, or worse, your load through the cap!!!

In a nut shell, your luggage shouldn't move if properly secured, if it isn't you don't want it in the back of your head!

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

boot rack 5 years 4 months ago #188830

:broon: :broon: :broon: :broon: have a great christmas and new year, and thaks for the advice, i will take it,: broon:

boot rack 5 years 2 months ago #189291

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

boot rack 5 years 2 months ago #189292

Hi there- i have the black MG one and it fits as per bluestreak -don't fancy the bag coming through my rear window if I stop suddenly

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT