Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188534

I’m sure it’s been asked before, but I can’t find it… I only have one key and fob for my TF 135.

Key looks like it’s a simple thing, with no electronics – no doubt because it comes with a separate fob (circular type).

So I guess I just get a key cut… but how do I go about getting a 2nd fob?

I have the original paperwork for the car, including I think all sorts of security codes and suchlike…

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188535

Hi Hogweed .
The key fob you require ( oval type ) is called Pectron . Unfortunately that type of fob is quite expensive and needs programming to the immobilizer on the car . There is a company called Remobilze ( I think ) that will come out and supply and code the new fob . The alternative is slightly more complicated as it involves removing the Pectron unit from the inside of your TF and sending it and your only fob to Paul Brown who runs a business called Technozen and he can supply and program also .

/www.technozen-electronics.co.uk/

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188536

The alternative is slightly more complicated as it involves removing the Pectron unit from the inside of your TF and sending it and your only fob to Paul Brown who runs a business called Technozen and he can supply and program also .

/www.technozen-electronics.co.uk/

John

AAAHHHHH thanks John.

I've been in touch with Paul already (months ago) as my Pectron needs attention, and I'm already going to have to take it out and send it to him (when the winter closes in). So that makes sense - I'll ask him if he can do me a fob too :woohoo:

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188538

Yep , Paul is a great guy and he knows his stuff . I had him replace the relays in my Pectron SCU and he also worked his magic on a fob that had a problem . Just be aware that you need a Torx + bit to remove the SCU and these bits are not that common to the usual bits in stock at your local 'Screwfix' .

John

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188539

Yep , Paul is a great guy and he knows his stuff . I had him replace the relays in my Pectron SCU and he also worked his magic on a fob that had a problem . Just be aware that you need a Torx + bit to remove the SCU and these bits are not that common to the usual bits in stock at your local 'Screwfix' .

John

Yeah thanks, I read everything on his site... pretty sure I have those bits SOMEWHERE...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188547

I've managed to loosen more than one of those security torx screws with a pair of mole grips.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Hogweed

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188550

I've managed to loosen more than one of those security torx screws with a pair of mole grips.

Took the MAF sensor out of my tractor - sorry, Rover 75 diesel that way 😉

Re:2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188585

If the torx isnt that large I use to hit the centre with a flat screwdriver and a hammer. Usually the centre pin comes out easily and then you can use a standard torx bit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Re:2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188586

Err, I don't think that's a good idea. Especially if the Torx are as tight as the ones in my TF. Each to their own I suppose. :nonod:

John

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188595

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Just get a set of these...only £4

Save all this butchery :-?

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 4 months ago #188596

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Just get a set of these...only £4

Save all this butchery :-?

Ummm... good idea, but... aren't those 6 lobe Torx, and isn't the MG one a 5-lobe :dry:

I could well be wrong.

2nd Key Fob? 5 years 3 months ago #188606

Most of the old MG dealers that were active when MG-Rover went bust and are still trading should be able to supply and program a new Pektron keyfob.
As long as you have the barcode that is supplied with the new fob the MG agents that still have a programmer can match the fob to your SCU.
My TF only had one key, but Endon Services who sold me the car back in 2015 got a spare key and fob for me and programmed it to work with my car. They explained what needs to happen. As far as I know Endon have stopped trading in cars, but are still a parts supplier and may be able to still program Pektron units for anyone around the Staffordshire area that may need one doing.

Sundance

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.000 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT