Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Brake discs - OEM or aftermarket 5 years 6 months ago #187934

Anyone have experience of OEM versus aftermarket discs? Rimmers have OEM discs for £57.67 a pair, aftermarket discs at £42 a pair, but I can get Eicher discs for £17.49 a pair from Eurocarparts. Any reason not to buy these?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brake discs - OEM or aftermarket 5 years 6 months ago #187935

No reasons not to use them. I have had Eicher rear pads and discs on my TF for a couple of years and they work well.
If you are a low mileage user like me ,they tend to corrode more than wear out,so why waste money.
Their pads are made by TMB in the UK and the Premium pads and discs are R90 compliant ( OE standard).
If still worried then go for Pagid, will be a lot cheaper than from Rimmers and are excellent quality.

I also use Eicher pads and discs with no problems on the 2 Corsa runabouts we have in the family.

Brake discs - OEM or aftermarket 5 years 6 months ago #187937

The main difference between the prices is usually the more expensive disks have a coating on the non praking surfaces, which helps to stop them rusting.

Painting the cheaper ones is highly recomended to keep them looking nice behind the wheels.

Brake discs - OEM or aftermarket 5 years 6 months ago #187939

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Invalid or non-existent item ID.I bought these, over 2 years ago now, and have been satisfied. Mintex discs and pads. Note that I have the larger discs and AP brakes on the front

Brake discs - OEM or aftermarket 5 years 6 months ago #187940

Yep, mintex for me as well.
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.773 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT