Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Which Polyurethane Bush Kit 5 years 7 months ago #187509

I've got a week of work soon, and am going to drop the front subframe to clean it up and paint it, and while I'm at it will probably replace the suspension bushes ( looking at them i suspect they are original). I'll probably replace with poly bushes, and was wondering if there is a lot between the different suppliers, as the cost vary considerably? What do most people fit?

Also does the colour relate to hardness/use, i.e. road/ fast road / race etc? I just want normal road use specification.

Having had a good look under the car last night, the subframe and wishbones look remarkably good for 14 years old, only point of concern is one front subframe mount, so that will be replaced ( other front has been replaced very recently and rear ones look fine).

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Which Polyurethane Bush Kit 5 years 7 months ago #187511

Apparently powerflex is the only manufacturer where colour denotes hardness.
FROM THEIR WEBSITE
Our 4 materials are colour coded to make them easily identifiable. Below explains the shore rating (durometer) and their common uses.

Red 65A – Used for our Universal exhaust mounts and diesel engine mounts.
Yellow 70A – Mainly used for engine mounts, diff mounts and subframe mounts or areas where the bush needs a lot of movement and absorption.
Purple 80A – Our most common material. This is used in most areas of the suspension and provides the right mix between performance and compliance.
Black 95A – Our hardest material. This is used for our Black Series range or on normal road vehicles where the vehicles suspension demands require us to use this hardness of material i.e. in areas of high load.

_
_
__
All the rest just have different coloured bushes with no associated hardness scale.They basically use whatever hardness they deem appropriate for each bush.

In terms of which are best, personally I would just use the best bargain I could find.;)
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Which Polyurethane Bush Kit 5 years 7 months ago #187514

Stay away from APM Duraflex polyurethane bushings, they are of very low quality. The fit of the bushings are poor and the metal spacers are sized incorrectly.
Mark
95 MGF

Which Polyurethane Bush Kit 5 years 7 months ago #187518

70 is the same hardness as natural rubber.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Which Polyurethane Bush Kit 5 years 7 months ago #187596

There appears to be two makes available from the usual suppliers, Polybush and an unbranded blue set. I note the polybush front wishbone units are one piece, the unbranded come in two parts. Does this make a difference, and does anyone have experience of the unbranded ones - they are 2/3 the price of the Polybush units? Are the polybush units worth the extra?

Which Polyurethane Bush Kit 5 years 7 months ago #187599

The ones I know are from Autobush, and the wishbone bushes come in two parts, plus the metal inner sleeve.

I would imagine you might need a press to fit the one piece bushes.:shrug:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavin207

Which Polyurethane Bush Kit 5 years 7 months ago #187621

I found some on ebay from a small supplier who do any hardness in a choice of colours, I got lime green in shore 70, unfortunately they only do the F and as I am on TF subframes I couldn't use many.

I will try and post the link1 next week when home.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT