Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Sill access for applying cavity wax 5 years 8 months ago #187401

I had the water drip / deluge scenario from my sills at the weekend when I cleaned out the drain holes, and want to apply cavity wax. The structure appears to be a double box arrangement - inner sill box and outer sill box? I haven't been able to find a section through the sills.

There appears to be a plug in each wheel arch which provides access to the inner box, but the only access to the outer sill cavity appears to be if I remove the air inlet vents, and this is a long way from the front of the sill. if there is no other access to the outer sill, I was intending drilling a hole in the top of the sill under the treadplate, so that i can get my shutz gun lance up to the front of the outer sill, unless there is another access towards the front of the car which I've missed?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sill access for applying cavity wax 5 years 8 months ago #187402

That's the access points you've already found.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavin207

Sill access for applying cavity wax 5 years 8 months ago #187404

Hi,
Remove the door/threshhold tread plate, then remove the plastic nut insert, and these holes allow you to insert a flexible plastic pipe to spray your wax.
Insert the tube as far as possible towards the wing and start spraying, at the same time as withdrawing the tube as you spray. Repeat with the tube inserted towards the rear wheel arch. You will see excess wax drip from the drain holes in the cill.

Repeat this for the other side, then also remove plugs in the door and squirt into the door bottom, again, excess wax drips from the bottom of the door drain holes.
Cheers
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavin207

Sill access for applying cavity wax 5 years 8 months ago #187405

Hadn't thought of removing the plastic inserts :doh: I'll check if my pipe will fit. Good point about the doors, making sure the window is up of course.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT