Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187077

Hi all.
I had to do some trim repairs & previous owner super glued the fascia to the console just behind the gear lever boot. Ive attached a photo to illustrate. On the underside there is a piece that looks like it holds a clip, or clips into something, but there is nothing obvious in my car. Rimmer catalogue & workshop manual pictures don't show enough detail.
Can anyone throw some light on what's missing?
Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by cairnsys. Reason: Inserted pics into post

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187079

i think it is a flat spring clip as in the cover for the passanger air bag cover, not too sure but it looks that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Mowog1800

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187091

have a look in the gear lever housing if its fallen down there.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187093

Try part number
EYC10008L,
If not,
FYC100450.

Cheers
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mowog1800

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187097

Unfortunately no luck Andy. I just replaced the shifter assembly ( the original had been cut off ridiculously short ) & the only thing I found in there was a 10mm Sidchrome spanner that a previous mechanic must have dropped.
Cheers, Scotty.

Re:MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187098

Unfortunately no luck Andy. I just replaced the shifter assembly ( the original had been cut off ridiculously short ) & the only thing I found in there was a 10mm Sidchrome spanner that a previous mechanic must have dropped.
Cheers, Scotty.

I dropped my 10mm Halfords Advanced spanner down there, it just vanished lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187102

David,
the part number EYC10008L is the correct part that fits into the console assembly -so well done on that one, but do you know if there is a part number for the clips on the fascia assembly ( the bits that break off when you try to remove the fascia)
They all appear to be screwed into the fascia as if they can be replaced

Mike

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187105

Hi David. EYC1008L is the one that fits the top and sides. The FYC100450, looks like it might be the one, but there's no reference that I can find on Rimmers' site or catalogue that shows its location. But its definitely worth a try. Thank you.
Scotty.

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187106

Guys, have a look at;
MGF centre console and fascia.
This will bring up a picture of the assembly. If you cannot identify the part that you need, it just maybe worth your while giving Rimmers a call.
They are really good up there. It is really annoying when you break a fastener and then find that the assembly will not fit back together correctly.
We have all been there. Glad I could help.

Cheers
David

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187109

Thanks all for your help, but I think my problem is solved. I've only had my F a few weeks and am still learning about it. Looking at the photo I attached at the top, now that its blown up, it looks like the hole in the rectangular piece isn't to hold a clip, the edges look broken. So I looked closer under an strong light and magnifying glass. Something definitely broken off.
I suspect that there should be a tongue attached that is broken off & that piece locates under the centre tunnel console. I'll have a go at making some kind of fixing to hold it in & if that isn't successful, a replacement fascia is on the cards.
Cheers
Scotty.

MGF console missing fastener 5 years 9 months ago #187131

scotty,
hi-the push in part EYC10008L doesn't break but the tongue part which is attached to the removable fascia does.
The tongue part -I think there is about 5 in total -strangely look as though they should be a replaceable part as they are screwed into the removable fascia.
The usual recourse if you have broken tongue parts is to buy an old fascia from a scrapped F (MGTF is the same part) and just transfer the parts from one to the other

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mowog1800

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT