Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF Brake Options 5 years 8 months ago #187058

Hi, apologies for probably opening up an old debate but i’m after some guidance.

I’m currently sorting various jobs on my Cheetah which includes having the front subframe powder coated. This felt like a good time to look into the front brakes which a previous owner returned to stock discs and pads (240mm / 1 pot). I know that Stephen Palmer upgrated the brakes but this was before MG introduced the AP 4 pots on the Trophy.

My initial plan was to fit a pair of 4 pot / 304mm ap callipers but sadly they would need approx 15mm spacers to clear the 17’ Azev rims - not ideal as this will change the look of the car.

So my question is whether you guys have fitted any other combinations be it either an mgf specific kit or modified units from another vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF Brake Options 5 years 8 months ago #187063

I have MGFMania 280mm discs front and rear. They give about 20% increased braking efficiency over standard 240mm discs, presumably by applying the braking force further out from the turning point. The pads are standard pads so you don't get any increase in friction area of course.
Robin ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT