Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Changing nipples! 5 years 8 months ago #187026

I decided to change my nipples today!

Tools I used - 7mm socket, 9mm socket, ratchet, 9mm spanner, flexi-bar, extension bar.

I changed the old straight ones, which were a bugger to grease, to 45 degree angle ones.

Jack up one corner of the car and remove the tyre. You can then either jack up the suspension to make it easier to remove the old nipple or as I did used a flexi-thing for my ratchet. 7mm socket removes the old one.

The new ones come apart. Hold the bottom in a 9mm socket and remove the 45 degree part with the 7mm socket, being careful not to let the spring and ball fall or fly out.

You can then use a 9mm socket to insert it into the hole. Once it is tight you can then come in from an easier angle with the 7mm part and re-attach it.

You can now grease your suspension really easily!

The cost of the grease nipples were £3.65 posted off of ebay. Time about 5-10 mins a corner, depending on how you are lifting the car, taking wheels off, etc!

So now all four corners off the car have nice new grease and it'll be really easy to do next time, just take the tyre off without having to also jack the suspension part way up to get the gun on.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, graham1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by gooseholla.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT