Sign In   Register

Topic

alternator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187023

it is ok found the fuse, what altinator does this take i know its a lucas but wich one. thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187033

Graham you're making me nervous. Your car seems to be leaping from one crisis to another ! :hgf: Are you sorted with the springs ? ? ? Now the alternator ! ! ! I've been on a 1000 mile trip round France recently without a hitch. Am I just lucky or what ?
John

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187034

your a lucky son of a gun. had my problems, but thats what comes of buying a 15 year old car with no service history, this should be my last job now, (i hope) yes the car looks well now,
Attachments:

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187035

Your exploits are enough to make any owner twitchy, you also had the head done recently I seem to recall. Ok the f has a broken gear cable, which at 20yeas old &120k miles on it isn't all that surprising but before that neither car has cost a bean, other than farting around stuff & paint. Let's hope you get it sorted so you can enjoy the rest of summer, I looks better now than the last pictures.
Mike

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187037

thanks john just changed the battery and it is running with volts at 12.1 volt, do you think i need a new altinator or should i just get mine reconditioned? thanks yes the tripple gasket and lower oil thinggy was done in march, doese't half shift tho. sorry to hear your having your problems, but isent that the fun of it all.

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187038

sorry mike.

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187044

Hi Graham . I had a similar fault with my alternator. The F and TF have an environment from hell for an alternator due to heat . You have to consider if that alternator is worth the fitting of a regulator which was my problem or to just go for a new or well reconditioned unit . Beware of dubiously low priced recon units , they can be hopeless ! :bang:
John .
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187045

You should be getting about 14 ish volts when running .

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187046

thanks john, would go for a regulater but i dont know if i have a lucus or a bosh, i will wait until i get my new car next week and then i can take it off and find out.

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187047

only getting 12.1 will fix after next week still running it tho,not wasteing this sunshine,if all fails will call out the breakdown to bring me home.

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187048

Please don't take this the wrong way but unless you have a really good battery you are looking at a chug chug blaaa roll to the side of the road breakdown with just 12 volts going into the battery . I have a feeling that your car has a square fob so that is a lucas system so, I would say that you have a Lucas alternator . Mine has an oval key fob ( Pektron ) and has a Bosh alternator .
It's my birthday today and I have had a few drinkies so if this is all b....s then I'm leathered !

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

altinator for mgtf 2003 5 years 9 months ago #187049

thank you and happy birthday :pop:

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT