Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

HGF has struck 5 years 9 months ago #186091

Well it seems as though HGF has struck just at the wrong time of year. I’ve been enjoying top down driving for the last few weeks and now the car is in the garage until Jon Norris visits on the 22nd July to sort it out for me.

If anyone else in South Wales needs a visit from Jon, give him a call as he’s going to be down here for a couple of days at least and will try to fit in as many visits as he can making the travel costs cheaper for all of us.
Robin ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HGF has struck 5 years 9 months ago #186094

Mr Cairnsey your in safe hands with Jon he replaced my TF's head gasket a couple of years ago and recently replaced the clutch. Top jobs from a top bloke and his wife claire.

Just keep them in tea and coffee and all will be well:hugs:

:beer: :beer: Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

HGF has struck 5 years 9 months ago #186101

He certainly sounds a really nice guy from our couple of phone calls yesterday. Loads of recommendations from all over the place and the fact that he can’t get to me until the 22nd July - a Sunday - shows just how busy he is.
Robin ;)

HGF has struck 5 years 9 months ago #186102

That's bad luck Robin . Did it just let go ? Is it the uprated gasket do you know?

John

HGF has struck 5 years 9 months ago #186103

Jon & Claire are a great team, they reminded me of my wife & I when we were younger, Cath would get & pass me tools whilst I was under whatever we were on with. She would have names for the various sizes, imperial were female, metric male; 9/16th was Judith. The jacks named themselves, up from small bottle to big bugger & there were Norse gods thrown in also; the large copper & hide was Thor, obviously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

HGF has struck 5 years 9 months ago #186105

That's bad luck Robin . Did it just let go ? Is it the uprated gasket do you know?

John

I've been losing a small amount of coolant for a few months now and thought it was likely to be the inlet manifold. I've bought an alloy manifold to go on put haven't got around to fitting it - Jon is going to do that for me when he does the head. When I checked the car the other day there was oil/water mayo in the expansion tank so pretty conclusive that the gasket has gone. The strange thing is that the car is (was) actually running fine, though it is sounding a bit tappety now.

Don't know which gasket it's got but the car's done 141000 miles so it will have been done at least once in it's previous ownership. Hasn't been done for about 40k I don't think though.

It's garaged up now until Jon sorts it out.
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

HGF has struck 5 years 9 months ago #186119

• VVC160
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Van (not yet a camper) driver nowadays
Ran a couple of months with coffee&milk like oil in early 2013... until mild weather allowed me to do the job in the barn!!!!!!!
Maybe a tiny wear of piston / rings?????? Do not bother much in the way you add water if loss (that's even after HGF, my case)....... ;)
Or:
Look at Russell (MGROVERsolutions) whenever faster to come to you?????

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT