Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185447

• Ande's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ande
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi chaps got a problem our little TF she has just failed her MOT on the rear track control arm inner bush ,just to be clear its the long adjustable arm from the hub to the star bolt in the middle of the car, and the offending bush is the one with the star bolt in the middle.
I don't seem to be able to find a replacement new or refurbished only used ones which I don't fancy using, can any one point me in the right direction thanks for any help given Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185448

try rimmer brothers they should have the parts you need, good luck, let us know how you get on, also mg and alfa spares may have them,

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185449

Invalid or non-existent item ID.is this the part you are looking for?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ande

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: Adding ebay link. It helps with the cost of the forum.

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185451

is this the part you are looking for?

I think that's the short one isn't it?

I suspect the one you may need is this (right) or this (left)
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185454

• Ande
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Thanks for answering ,sorry that.s the wrong bit the bit I need is the long bar that sits to the back of the car about two and an half feet in length in old money.
I think I may have found one from A K Motorsport in Leeds ,£58 from there web site ,but only £35.99 on there E bay page ? which seems a bit odd.
Its so sodding annoying having to buy the whole rod just for one sodding bush! thanks for looking Andy

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185456

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID018913

I assume you mean Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear (item 23) if you don't fancy a new one from Rimmers, and you can't see one on eBay, one of the dedicated mg breaker yards (we love MGFs etc) will almost certainly take one off a car for you.

Last edit: Post by g7nbp.

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185457

Thanks for answering ,sorry that.s the wrong bit the bit I need is the long bar that sits to the back of the car about two and an half feet in length in old money.
I think I may have found one from A K Motorsport in Leeds ,£58 from there web site ,but only £35.99 on there E bay page ? which seems a bit odd.
Its so sodding annoying having to buy the whole rod just for one sodding bush! thanks for looking Andy

That's a lot cheaper than the ones I found on Rimmer Bros!
Robin ;)

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185459

Its certainly worth trying the MG breakers, as a few of them don't just sell used parts, some sell new stuff too.
I replaced all four wheel hubs complete with upper ball joints, and MGFnTFbitz sold me the new hubs that were quite a bit cheaper than Rimmers prices. Not that Rimmers are that dear anyway!
Good thing about these suppliers is that they also keep a stock of correct fasteners too, so if you want a replacement part, they can usually send you the correct spec nuts and bolts to fit them with too. Ask nicely and some even throw them in for free!

Sundance

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185460

Invalid or non-existent item ID.£18 for a used one, I take on board your comments about not wanting a used one, but for the difference in price, I would go with a used one, rub it down and give it a quick coat of paint.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: Adding ebay link. It helps with the cost of the forum.

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185462

• Ande
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Thanks for your help,I decided to go with the one from A K Motorsport on E bay,
I will let you know how I get on thanks for your help Andy

rear track control arm 5 years 10 months ago #185464

some parts are not cheap, will empty your pocket like water from a tap, but we have to do what we have to do to keep these iconic cars on the road, it's nice to see people smiling as you pass them on the road. so just keep going and let us know how you got on.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.842 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT