Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rust Treatment 6 years 4 weeks ago #184593

Picked up the Tf 85th this morning from PMW Ltd in Chelmsford Essex after being given the Dinitrol treatment all metal work black and under body clear so as in keeping with how the car should be, the car was on the 4 poster when I arrived ready for inspection and the 4 stage process was explained in detail.
The car looks great and should now last for many a year and well worth the cost of £325.00 I would highly recommend:clap:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Gerry.laing.

Rust Treatment 6 years 4 weeks ago #184595

A damn fine job, but still check it every year, the tinworm always returns...Hoping that I will not have to redo mine again this year!

Sundance

Rust Treatment 6 years 3 weeks ago #184686

As I have written on the other forum you frequent, did they inject the treatment inside the sills and other such box section areas and the inside of the doors because if they didn't rust has a very nasty habit of coming through from the insides.

But when doing these internal sections you have to be very careful not to clog up any drain holes like the pathetically small ones located at the rear of the sills. For this reason I would never use Dinitrol for these areas but a far thinner fluid which will flow freely and as such, search out the dreaded tin worm in the hardest to reach places, possibly including the insides of the front suspension arms.

I have found the best results are with Bilt Hamber https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bilt-Hamber-Dynax-Anti-Corrosion-750ml/dp/B007FR4124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514275286&sr=8-1&keywords=dynax+s-50
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

Rust Treatment 6 years 3 weeks ago #184690

At a cost of 350 squid I would hope they did !
John

Rust Treatment 6 years 3 weeks ago #184699

At a cost of 350 squid I consider nothing to first steam clean, use a hand held soft sand blast on rusted parts of suspension and 2 different colour treatments.
Black for all metal work and clear for all body work. 🤗

Rust Treatment 6 years 3 weeks ago #184700

Looking under my tf the floor is just in paint and in good nick...I've got rust treatment to treat it.(BLACK WAXOYL).but I'm not so sure to cover it up...hide it's condition so to speak...a rusty car can have a multitude of sins hidden by Black wax...so I'm wondering about just doing it in clear..I have started spraying under arch in black has this does look tidier ...the blue paintwork starting to have splats of tar and the like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerry.laing, Fisher

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Rust Treatment 6 years 3 weeks ago #184702

Thats how it was explained to me if just covered in black it looks like there is something to hide.
So all steel work done in black, once all body trims were removed all done in clear took 3 days to complete at 3 & half who could grumble.
Gerry.👍

Rust Treatment 6 years 3 weeks ago #184710

Hi Gerry.laing

I had mine Dinitroled last year. Yes it is a 3 day operation. Day 1 steam clean, Day 2 Dinitrol rust treatment, and inspection of current metal condition. (if any bad rust this is reported and repaired.) Day 3 Spray underseal.

The underseal takes days to set property. Remains flexible and in said to be self-healing.

Part of treatment. Return car if any underbody repairs are undertook n the future i.e sub-frame mounts, and they will re-treat for free.

No bad, very impressed with service.

Robert

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerry.laing

Rust Treatment 6 years 3 weeks ago #184717

Treated under the arches this afternoon.

Attachments:

Rust Treatment 2 years 5 months ago #197620

Before the winter really sets in again, I just had the multi-day Dinitrol treatment on my MY2004 TF160. All the box sections done, free annual inspections. Looks great but, far more importantly, I hope it will be a good investment in extending the life of the car. For reference: Glasgow area (or south/central Scotland in general), this firm located in Johnstone were really professional, straightforward to work with. https://preserveprotect.co.uk/

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic added
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT