Sign In   Register

Topic

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184356

• Ande's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ande
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Just to let you know that I never bought the little mini the old chap got it out to wash it for me to go and have look at and realized he couldn't sell it .
while his wife couldn't drive it she could be a passenger so they are going to use it for trips out in the summer.

I think that is the best ending possible, but I am a bit of a softie
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184364

you did the right thing mini's are prone to many problems I know I have owned six of them as well as the mini cooper, I would stick to my little mgtf and be happy knowing you can get it sorted out no matter what,:broon:

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184390

you did the right thing mini's are prone to many problems I know I have owned six of them as well as the mini cooper, I would stick to my little mgtf and be happy knowing you can get it sorted out no matter what,:broon:

Yes Minis do have problems but hell's teeth our Mini hasn't got the stupid bloody Pektron BCU to deal with unlike my TF which is driving me nuts . :rant:
John .

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184391

I know the frustration you must be going through, got my car back yesterday, start it today engine check light is on, it has never been on since I have owned the car, if I take it back he said he will reset the engine check light, what a B'''''''''sterd this is, more fuel and a trip for 2 mins on an obd reader, really pisses me off, so to say you are not on your own but hope you get it sorted out, life can really grind you down cant it :bang:

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184393

The thing is Graham , frustratingly I am a retired mechanic and I realised a long time ago that things were being taken to a level where cars were going to be so expensive to repair due to the complexity of electronic gadgetry. These electronics are great and quite reliable but once they go wrong are so expensive to diagnose and replace that they can render a good car uneconomic to fix . This part of the thread ties in with a thread I started last week regarding my TF and it's bloody Pektron BCU not being able to accept the EKA code that the pscan code reader is saying it should know ! I currently have only one working fob so the EKA is or should be the back up if the other fob goes to sleep . It's very frustrating . :nonod: Rant over !
John .

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184394

sorry to hear what your going through, have you looked on youtube there is a lot of information if you can find it, and I have been told it can be cheaper than you might think, you can not lose anything by searching and I wish you the best, my mgtf does not have the pectron thinggy behind the center console, it was only the early ones like the one you have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184395

I think you might be a bit adrift there Graham, MK1 fs have a Lucas system, tfs have Pektron.

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184396

sorry to disagree with you but mine has not got one and that comes from Abingdon mg center as I asked them before I bought it. also, I have had my center console out and it is an empty gap where the pectron sits just in front of the heater blower motor,

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184397

I think you might be a bit adrift there Graham, MK1 fs have a Lucas system, tfs have Pektron.

Lucas systems were used on all MGFs and early TFs, IIRC the pektron came in around 2003/4.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184398

all I am saying is mine has not got one,

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184402

OOOps I am sorry & stand corrected. Empirical knowledge is gained by experience & although I have had experience of my f, tf & several other tfs, my opinion was that fs had the square Lucas key fob, where as the tfs had the round Pektron fob & wrongly assuming that all tfs had the Pektron MEMs system.
Head bowed & humbled. Mike.

classic mini 6 years 1 month ago #184404

apology accepted your a gentelman

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT