Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Dreaded HGF 6 years 2 months ago #183715

Had the car less than 2 months and the new car has died dramatically, I've done just over 500 miles in her and the gasket has gone just before her 49,000 mile birthday , luckily I made garage give her a 3 month warranty as they couldn't prove it's service history. Do cars know when it's most inconvenient to breakdown. Very heavy tea time traffic so couldn't pull over easily on a dual carriageway, phone battery almost dead and it started to snow. Have to back later to tow her home when its quiet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dreaded HGF 6 years 2 months ago #183716

just hope everything turns out ok for you, make sure they put the uprated gasket on it when they do it. and get a copy of the work done.

Dreaded HGF 6 years 2 months ago #183732

I have Trophy Cars very near me so i will use them. Theyve been pretty good in the past.
Im hoping its not too bad as the entire expansion botttle contents are now in the sump judging by the amount of sludge on the dipstick.

Dreaded HGF 6 years 2 months ago #183742

Good luck with the repair.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Dreaded HGF 6 years 2 months ago #183762

When I was on my hunt for an MG TF I went to look at Trophy Cars and while I was there they were in the process of replacing the HG on one of the cars they had for sale . I got the chance to talk to the guy doing the repair and , as I was a mechanic in my working life I was suitably impressed by the work they were doing . I would have no problems with them doing a good repair.
John .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT