Sign In   Register

Topic

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183049

• John and Sue's Avatar Topic Author
  • John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Back in t'day on this 'ere forum we had a thread or two with music related challenges. My favourite sparring partner was David A, Moderator of this parish. Any ideas for a music thread revival? Or will this idea, like many others of mine, die on its ar$e.....

Sample q: googling or any other internettage not permitted. Honour system.

Pauline and Reg had a hit: name of song. And explanation of answer. An easy one for the older generation.
Correct answer sets the next q.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183051

Well I must be in the category for being old enough...like listening to pop master on radio 2...I struggle with 60s music a bit

Pauline and reg..well the only reg I know that sings is elton john..is name I believe is reg Dwight. ..the only hit I know with a woman in it is don't go breaking my heart...that was with kiki dee..believe in 70s...so she must be pauline...but I don't know her surname..the only two people I knew of with the name reg..is elton and reg kray
Used to think elton was in there with kiki dee...but now I know different....she couldn't break eltons heart because he's gay.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183062

.the only two people I knew of with the name reg..is elton and reg kray

I had an uncle Reg and a mate's @20yo son is named Reg, so there are more about than you might think.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183063

Yes all most forgot...there used to be airport where I live...long gone but down the road from here is reginald mitchell way....named after the aeronautical engineer.

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183064

I will say I'm right for the music question. .so tell me off if the answer isn't complete enough.......heres my question. .......
In the song by the sex pistols..friggin in the riggin.......what was the name of the ship??????

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183066

Twas the goodship Venus!

I just love Punk music..old and current!

Sundance

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183067

Correct..Venus it was...still got the single in the loft.used to cause a bit of anarchy in the UK back then..I'm the innocent one far left.punk brushed off..on me.....heres a old pic with punk mates in days gone by

..your turn Sundance
Attachments:

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183075

I also have a copy on vinyl somewhere in the loft, a long time since I heard the song.
I do frequent the Hairy Dog in Derby to hear some of the current Punk groups play live, reminds me of back in the late 70's when we used to go the the Viccy hall and see bands like the Skids and Stranglers play. Now I love groups like Control, Gimpfist and of course the old classics.

Ok, so going back to the Stranglers...not quite their original name, they did incorporate their home town on their name.
What was the town?

Here is a pic of yours truly and Mrs Sundance dressed in suitable attire for a Punk rock party that was my 50th birthday bash!

Sundance

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183076

Sundance and Mrs Sundance. ..wow!

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183078

Limited knoledge of stranglers yet I thougt of a question involving them before my sex pistols question...thinking about it I only know...no more heroes,skin deep,golden brown,peaches..mind working overtime on the question..but I don't reckon I will get it....come on you punks out there!

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183079

I also have a copy on vinyl somewhere in the loft, a long time since I heard the song.
I do frequent the Hairy Dog in Derby to hear some of the current Punk groups play live, reminds me of back in the late 70's when we used to go the the Viccy hall and see bands like the Skids and Stranglers play. Now I love groups like Control, Gimpfist and of course the old classics.

Ok, so going back to the Stranglers...not quite their original name, they did incorporate their home town on their name.
What was the town?

Here is a pic of yours truly and Mrs Sundance dressed in suitable attire for a Punk rock party that was my 50th birthday bash!

Mrs Sundance looking good . Mr S ,.....looks like you had a hard paper round in your youth , you know one that was all up hill ! :P

John .

Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183080

I remember again I'll say years ago..I was driving in ..Cricklewood ..saw droves of punks hitching lifts...has Cricklewood is at the bottom end of the m1...they all wanted to go north..there cardboard signs saying derby...I picked 2 up and headed north...the girl looked a bit confused .and her boyfriend.a bit wary as they got in...interesting I thought..someone to chat to on my long journey home....hey up I said with a hint of the potteries showing in my voice....there black spike hair touching the roof of my truck...they didn't say anything at first and I popped the question ...where you from?....he replied Brazil. ..concert derby...apart from offering me the odd roll up..the conversation was..nil...oh well...up the m1 to Kegworth and on the home straight a50......I decided to take them has close to their venue has I could...don't know how I stumbled on it but all of a sudden there eyes lit up pointing at a large building.....they shook my hand and said have a happy life.....good deed of the day done...couldn't stop thinking though about there travels from Brazil to derby...what a trek.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT