Sign In   Register

Topic

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182550

Yes please Bruce, put me down for one definitely.
Thanks

OK, you're on the list.

I have five takers now. Unless anyone changes their mind, the offer is closed for now. I am awaiting delivery of final parts. Once I have them, I will be in touch with the 5 of you.

B :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182552

hope I am still on the list blew mine up.

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182562

Blew it up graham?

Attachments:

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182563

EYE WELL AND TRULY. MADE A RIGHT HASH JOB OF THAT ONE.

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182741

This new thread has pushed me into taking action that I was not quite ready for!

A while ago, Jaypay (I think that's the username) mentioned an elegant DIY solution using a contactless, non-immersion water level sensor. I messed around with this, built a prototype, which is on my MG TF and working well, and a second prototype, which is wrapped up as a Christmas present for my brother. The great thing about this alarm is that it requires no drilling and no cutting of wires. Apart from picking up 12v from the reversing light switch and making a ground connection, there is only the buzzer, which is mounted inside the car and the sensor which is Araldited to the expansion vessel. Fitting takes an hour or so.

In the new year, it is my intention to start selling these in kit form, probably on eBay. The price isn't set yet but I am thinking in terms of something around £25. So, much cheaper than the alternatives!

Before advertising them so widely, I was intending to offer a limited number here on The-T-Bar for just the cost of the parts in order to obtain some useful user feedback.

So, if anyone wants to be on the list for a late prototype, let me know. Price for these will be £10 including UK postage. Just 5 available, initially. Posting hopefully in January.

Bruce.

Further to this post a few weeks ago. the batch of 5 pre-production prototypes is ready to be sent out. I have sent PMs to the following who were the first 5 to express an interest. Watch this space for future developments.

graham1
Bob Essex
The driving dutchman
kandg
yachty

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182753

thanks, Bruce just bought it, your a star,

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 2 months ago #183498

This new thread has pushed me into taking action that I was not quite ready for!

A while ago, Jaypay (I think that's the username) mentioned an elegant DIY solution using a contactless, non-immersion water level sensor. I messed around with this, built a prototype, which is on my MG TF and working well, and a second prototype, which is wrapped up as a Christmas present for my brother. The great thing about this alarm is that it requires no drilling and no cutting of wires. Apart from picking up 12v from the reversing light switch and making a ground connection, there is only the buzzer, which is mounted inside the car and the sensor which is Araldited to the expansion vessel. Fitting takes an hour or so.

In the new year, it is my intention to start selling these in kit form, probably on eBay. The price isn't set yet but I am thinking in terms of something around £25. So, much cheaper than the alternatives!

Before advertising them so widely, I was intending to offer a limited number here on The-T-Bar for just the cost of the parts in order to obtain some useful user feedback.

So, if anyone wants to be on the list for a late prototype, let me know. Price for these will be £10 including UK postage. Just 5 available, initially. Posting hopefully in January.

Bruce.

Further to this post a few weeks ago. the batch of 5 pre-production prototypes is ready to be sent out. I have sent PMs to the following who were the first 5 to express an interest. Watch this space for future developments.

graham1
Bob Essex
The driving dutchman
kandg
yachty

I have sent out two of these low coolant alarms but am still awaiting replies from the other interested people. I have sent private messages to The driving dutchman, kandg and BobEssex - please check your mailboxes.

Cheers!

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 2 months ago #183499

will be fitting mine shortly, good luck on your enterprise, don't forget these should fit any rover as well.

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 2 months ago #183501

If there is one going spare i would love to buy one and try it. im changing the coolant etc this week so would be perfect for my piece of mind. if not then i will wait for you to start making them properly :)

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 2 months ago #183511

If there is one going spare i would love to buy one and try it. im changing the coolant etc this week so would be perfect for my piece of mind. if not then i will wait for you to start making them properly :)

OK. You are first reserve on the subs bench!

I'm giving the others, who asked to be included and have so far failed to follow up, a generous 2 weeks (12th February) to place their order. After this, Im afraid that I cannot wait any longer.

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 2 months ago #183513

Hi Bruce - Put me on the bench if you have one left? Regards

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 2 months ago #183514

OK. You are first reserve on the subs bench!

I'm giving the others, who asked to be included and have so far failed to follow up, a generous 2 weeks (12th February) to place their order. After this, Im afraid that I cannot wait any longer.

great, let me know if i am ''called up'' and i will paypal you the money. :broon:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT