Sign In   Register

Topic

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182261

thank you, Bruce, let me know how much and the postage and I will get straight on it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182263

Hi Bruce,
Put me down for one, as you know I definitely want a coolant alarm and, will be more than happy to provide feedback etc.
Bob

Hi Bob

Did you never get the B&G system working? That's a shame. Have you tried speaking to Kevin at the MG Rover Repair Centre in Wickford?

Anyway, you are on the list.

B.

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182265

thank you, Bruce, let me know how much and the postage and I will get straight on it.

I will contact people via private message when they are ready. Payment will probably be via PayPal, despite their pesky fees!

B
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182268

This was my solution, a contactless sensor stuck to the outside of the coolant tank. No floats to get stuck over time and its worked faultlessly since I put it on last summer.

Sundance, this is a very similar solution to mine. The sensor I use is much cheaper though. Long-term reliability is not tested yet as, like you, I only fitted it this summer. It works nicely so far - when the coolant level drops a bit it starts chirping on hard gravitational effects (cornering/braking etc). On a disastrous leak, all hell will break loose! :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK, graham1

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182277

Hi Bruce,
Yes, I tried Kevin (who did a great job on my other problems) but his conclusion was that my TF did not have the wiring to be able to fit the sensor etc that I had.
So, thanks for putting me on the list, look forward to heating from you when you are ready.
Bob

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182278

I used a header tank from a Rover 25 Streetwise.
It needed a bit of modification but seems to work ok.

There are details on here somewhere.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182288

Put me on the list please.
Allways happy to try new solutions and improvements.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182289

Thanks for the mention Bruce I can confirm my installation works fine no false alarms and I get a little beep when I turn the ignition on to confirm it is working it is a very simple and I am glad my design will be of use to others . original post
https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/94993-contactless-low-water-coolant-level-alarm-project-use-original-expansion-tank#175453
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182314

Hi Bruce, since I was the one querying the B&G and Rimmer versions in the first place I'd certainly liketo try and report back on your version.

Keith

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 4 months ago #182315

Hi Bruce, since I was the one querying the B&G and Rimmer versions in the first place I'd certainly liketo try and report back on your version.

Keith

Hi Kieth. Sure, no problem. You are on the list. I'll be in touch once the first batch is ready.

B

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182465

Yes please Bruce, put me down for one definitely.
Thanks

Loss of coolant alarm 6 years 3 months ago #182469

Hi Bruce, tried to make my own but I think I have blown it up on my bench, as the red light doesn't come on, can you let me know when you are selling yours, please.thanks graham1. this was for the header bottle that popped it's clogg, want one for the windscreen water bottle as well if you are doing one of those; thanks again and happy new year to you and your's,

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT