Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182166

Hello ,

Has anybody (besides from a shop in Holland) got the TF LE500 speedometer working in their MGF?
im restoring my MGF at the moment , and also make the interior look a bit more modern. so i found the TF LE500 speedometer for a good price (from china)
they also sell the wiring loom. but does anybody know how to fit it in an MGF from 1999?

ive seen some older posts here , but no solution yet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182168

Im sure adamelphic has done this successfully.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yblokdijk

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182171

i hope he can help me with that!

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182182

Search the forum for Adams posts.

However I think, as the mk1 F uses cable drive, it isn't straight forward.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182185

Have at look at this

http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/rover-mgf.html

Sundance

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182187

Hi Youri - Welcome by the way!

I fitted the LE500 pod to my '53 plate TF and there is an issue with the SRS as the NAC TF used a different SRS system. I have the SRS unit from a ZS Mk2 - but not the plug it plugs in to! Been trying to find one for months! If I can find one then I might be bale to make it work properly.

The main issue with the MGF is that you must have a MK2 at least as it has a electric speedo - or you update to the later type, then we have to fix the SRS issue. The garage in holland who doe make them work is very expensive - I know he spent lots making them work, but it is still as much as some of us paid for our cars!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yblokdijk

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182226

Hi Youri - Welcome by the way!

I fitted the LE500 pod to my '53 plate TF and there is an issue with the SRS as the NAC TF used a different SRS system. I have the SRS unit from a ZS Mk2 - but not the plug it plugs in to! Been trying to find one for months! If I can find one then I might be bale to make it work properly.

The main issue with the MGF is that you must have a MK2 at least as it has a electric speedo - or you update to the later type, then we have to fix the SRS issue. The garage in holland who doe make them work is very expensive - I know he spent lots making them work, but it is still as much as some of us paid for our cars!

i know that the shop in Holland also build the LE500 speedometer in a MGF mk1! but they are way to expensive. im not going to pay 350 euros for a speedometer that i can buy for 50 euros! i was hoping that someone in England already succeeded on building one in his MGF mk1

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 4 months ago #182302

i know that the shop in Holland also build the LE500 speedometer in a MGF mk1! but they are way to expensive. im not going to pay 350 euros for a speedometer that i can buy for 50 euros! i was hoping that someone in England already succeeded on building one in his MGF mk1

I think so far no one has done it (unless I am wrong) as it not only involves finding out the wiring changes needed to make it work on a MK2 car (with electronic speedo), but also then converting the F to that style of speedo.

If I can find an 'Mk2 Facelift MGZS' or 'MGTF post 2009' SRS ECU orange plug with some wiring attached then I can match it up to my LE500 wiring diagram and compare it to my Mk2 wiring.. If anyone is at a scrapyard and sees one please grab it for me!

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 6 years 3 weeks ago #184689

I've got good news for anybody that wants to fit the LE500 speedo in their cars. I've found the person who knows how to clear the srs light on the cars ( its an extra resistor thats needed) soon i will instal one in my MGF mk1 , he says its a simple job , just need the right connector and the resistor. (its not cowa who sells them in holland, its the person that found out for cowa how to do it)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 5 years 10 months ago #186440

How about the other way do round?
Does the SRS light fail to clear if you fit a 2005 MGR cluster in a SAIC car?
I plan to go back to the older cluster as I dislike the spirally orange lighting....

Re:RE: LE500 Speedometer in MGF 5 years 10 months ago #186442

I've got good news for anybody that wants to fit the LE500 speedo in their cars. I've found the person who knows how to clear the srs light on the cars ( its an extra resistor thats needed) soon i will instal one in my MGF mk1 , he says its a simple job , just need the right connector and the resistor. (its not cowa who sells them in holland, its the person that found out for cowa how to do it)

Any news on this? I've now got the SRS ECU etc but just not had time to investigate further due to work commitments.

A cheap 'add a resistor' solution would be awesome.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

LE500 Speedometer in MGF 5 years 9 months ago #186613

To update on my initial question, I've now swapped my SAIC cluster, oil and clock for 2005MY MGR versions.
All works fine and my car no longer looks like a 90's Vauxhall Nova.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT