Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 5 months ago #181791

Have fitted a new battery to my car and since then the alarm wont turn off. I have pulled the fuse to pacify the neighbours. It has been suggested that there is a second battery in the system which is causing the problem ?? any ideas. Thanks John.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 5 months ago #181799

As far as I am aware the alarm system doesn't have a battery back up but , the more knowledgeable on here may know better . It could be a pin switch ( on bonnet or either doors ) not operating or the good old boot wiring fault . As yours is an LE I wouldn't have thought it would have been old enough to cause a fault in that area but, anything is possible on a TF .
John.

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 5 months ago #181804

Did you switch off the alarm before fitting the battery?

Does the LE500 have a separate sounder of does it use the horn?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamakins

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 5 months ago #181815

Hi, I found this blog on another site, it may help.

Cheers, David

This normally happens when you try to unlock the car using the fob and discover the old battery doesn't have the power to unlock the central locking (this also means it doesn't turn the alarm off) so you resort to unlocking the car with the key.
When the new battery is then connected the car is unlocked, but the alarm still armed, and so the alarm goes off.
If the fob was working before the car battery was changed its unlikely to be the fob battery thats the cause, but its worth getting into the habit of changing the fob battery every year.

First step is to unplug the horns temporarily so you don't annoy the neighbours too much :thumbsu:
Then connect the new car battery, close the bonnet, lock the car using the key and press the fob unlock button several (5-6) times.
This should re-synchronise the fob and stop the alarm/deactivate the immobiliser, and you should be able to start the car as normal.

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 5 months ago #181817

.........but its worth getting into the habit of changing the fob battery every year.....

Good advice, new fob batteries was a service item.

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 5 months ago #181819

Hi, Davidgv1's blog is right.

Came to my 03 TF last week to find the battery totally dead. Unlocked the car with the key, removed the battery and put it on charge. Next day when I put it back the horn kept sounding everytime I put the second connection lead on - a few choice words were said! Eventually disconnected the horn, fitted the battery leads and started the car up. Turned it off, locked it with the key fob then opened it again and started it once more for luck. Upon turning it off again I reconnected the horn and all was peaceful. So just like a computer - you can't beat turning it all off and on again!

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 5 months ago #181821

It's worth connecting power to allow you to switch off the immobiliser, with jump leads or similar.

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 4 weeks ago #184542

Finally got out in the garage today to do battle with the TF alarm. Disconnected both horns and tried the various ideas on this site. On reconnecting the battery (fully charged) the alarm keeps sounding ?? Have spoken to Rimmers who think there is another horn backup some where in the system. The car will start and run ok but having read the instruction manual which says the alarm can be deactivated with the key fob which it doesnt. All totally confusing. Any ideas before I get an alarm engineer out to look at it. Have removed the alarm fuse. I have fitted new batteries in the key fobs.

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 4 weeks ago #184544

Just a thought as I've been trying to figure out a problem with the alarm/immobiliser on my 2004 TF135.

The car alarm is the car's horn which beeps intermittently and is pretty loud! But there is also a sounder inside the car which makes a sort of dee-daa-dee-daa sound. The internal sounder comes on in my car when I turn on the ignition with one key but not the other! Weird!

The point I am trying to make is that there are two sounders, the horn, which is the actual alarm and the sounder in the car which is more like a warning sound.

Of course, the LE 500 might be different.

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 4 weeks ago #184548

I think the LE came with a different alarm arrangement, which consisted of an independent alarm sounder, with its own battery back up.

To stop thieves just disconnecting the horns!

I also think if you disconnect it it will sound, as a tamper alarm

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 3 weeks ago #184552

Hi,
I think that G0RSK is correct, (again) the LE500 came with a different alarm sounder with its own battery back up.

“The fatbalding bloke” who is a member had the same problem I believe, and I am sure that he traced the problem back to a faulty door lock mechanism.

Cheers
David

Alarm fault 2009 LE 500 TF 6 years 3 weeks ago #184553

Part number YWK000041 is the battery back up unit, located near the washer bottle, under a plastic cover.

Another cause of the unit sounding is the volumetric sensor being faulty.(only what I have read)
Good luck fixing this problem.
Fatbaldingoldgit” was the member who had the issue back in 2014!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT