Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hi Guys Lanbda sensors 6 years 6 months ago #180824

Anyway, been away a bit as i tore a ligament in my back , so i have been trying to obtain two lanbdas without much success the numbers i have on the one i took off is AMP 699296
A 699297
pbt - gf20 now the different company's i contacted said these numbers are not on our system, its a 4 pin conection , i will load some pic's anyway does anyone know where i can get them ?
now another problem the mot garage said my speedo is not working so i got a brand new speedo the thing is if i connect the new speedo will the mileage automaticaly come up or do i have to wind it on somehow ? anyway i'll load the pic's
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi Guys Lanbda sensors 6 years 6 months ago #180827

Hi, looks to me that this is a Mini Cooper lambda sensor!!! At some point the sensor has been changed to maybe the incorrect sensor.

Best bet would be to go onto the Rimmer Bros website and have a look for the correct sensor on there.

Regarding the speedo, no expert, but I would assume that the mileage would register as zero. I am sure that someone on the forum would confirm though.

Cheers
David

Hi Guys Lanbda sensors 6 years 6 months ago #180828

Yeah. The mileage is stored within the speedo unit so will show whatever is in the new unit. If brand new - zero.

The correct lambda sensors are available on ebay. There are two different ones with different number of connections, 3 and 4. Replace like for like.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidgv1

Hi Guys Lanbda sensors 6 years 6 months ago #180835

Thanks for getting back to me guys, interesting thought about lambda sensors ( mini cooper ) speedo unit, i will get a pic of the speedo's mileage before i change it, and i will have a go at repairing the old speedo first will let you know how i get on , thanks guys

Hi Guys Lanbda sensors 6 years 6 months ago #180838

What car is it, F or TF?

If it is LCD mileage display, then the actual value is both stored in the speedo and at least one of the control units in the car (cant remember which one, possibly the alarm or ECU).

When you replace the speedo then the highest stored mileage is transferred to the mileage (or to the Alarm module), so you should get a correct indication.

I changed the ECU and alarm module due to a fault, and gained 5000 miles :(

I have a 5000 mile insurance policy :oops:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Hi Guys Lanbda sensors 6 years 6 months ago #180857

Thank you , I thought it might , but not being an expert with this 135, 2002 tf , i have rebuilt it from the ground up:bang: had more than my share of headach's with it and needed alot of advice from the guy's on the site.
Thanks for putting my mind at rest every time it go's for an mot it comes back with a new fault and the engine has started hunting again but i have a few ideas to sort that problem so thanks again :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT