Sign In   Register

Topic

K maps or not ?? 6 years 7 months ago #180673

I wish a K map was possible for my MEMs1.9.

+1 on that!
Robin ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180746

Hi all I received my ecu back today :woohoo:

Had it refit and plugged in within 15 minutes. TF sounds nice but it's raining and don't like getting it wet so not had Chance to go for a drive yet.:rant:
Attachments:

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180770

The rain stopped and I managed to get out for a test drive. My TF is certainly smoother and pulls a lot harder. It seems to have more grunt from 3000RPM before I had to have 4000RPM showing to get going.
The sound is good too without being annoying. In all I'm pleased I had this mod done
Thanks Mark from kmaps you've made my TF better :broon: :broon:

:beer: :beer: Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Blow-in, SundanceUK, Mg Al

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180823

It also gives you a better fuel economy, typically about 4-5 miles per gallon which doesn't sound a lot, but its 10%. Payback depends on how many miles you do but a quick calculation on 350 miles per tank on a £50 fill up it would for me it would pay for itself after 2 1/2 years in fuel.
Based on 6000 miles a year. A few extra horses is a bonus, as is the burble and pop that would undoubtedly be configured into the mapping.
It is on the list for me to do this year, and I would have probably done it last month if I hadn't have bought my ZT-T.

Sundance

Mr Sundance I've been out again tonight for a spin and its definitely worth doing (in my opinion). It has transformed my TF, everything it done before it now does it 1000-1500 rpm earlier and the sound is great. It has also made the engine miles smoother and to top it all off my insurance premium took a hit to the sum of £3.50. :tada: .
I have tried to upload a video but my device is not compatible if I can change the format I pip a vid on.

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180825

Nice one, think I will be sorting one out next month.
I will probably take it over to Trophy cars, they are about the closest K maps dealer to me. Probably get them to do a 4 wheel alignment while its there.
They are pretty cheap on price for that.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180858

Sundance,

I suspect that all Trophy will do will be to remove your ECU than send it to Mark to remap (and charge you for their labour). If that is the case, you might as well remove it yourself and sent it off.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180859

Told you! But then apparently I'm biased. So are you now as you are also speaking from experience.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180871

What about the plug in ones on EBay for about £115 claim to add about 15 bhp,anyone tried them?

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180874

Sundance,

I suspect that all Trophy will do will be to remove your ECU than send it to Mark to remap (and charge you for their labour). If that is the case, you might as well remove it yourself and sent it off.

Richard

The return service is great, it took me 20 minutes to remove the ecu, packaged up then sent 1st class on the Monday. Even though Mark was away and did not get back until Tuesday I had my remapped ecu back in the Thursday post. It took 15minutes to refit and job done,only wish I had this done sooner.

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, SundanceUK

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180886

What about the plug in ones on EBay for about £115 claim to add about 15 bhp,anyone tried them?

These contain a resistor (some contain a sophisticated looking Integrated Circuit, ......that contains a resistor).

They replace one of the sensors, and fool the ECU into sticking in more fuel into the engine.

They are not "re-maps" in any sense of the word, and just make the car run rich...all the time.

Try one and report back!

No don't do that, just a wast of money!

Instead by some of my earwax. Stick it in the ashtray, and I guarantee an extra 25 BHP (cash in an envelope only please :yesnod: )

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180889

How much a pound is your earwax? I'll have some of that. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Robin ;)

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180891

If you need to ask...you cant afford it :P

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT