Sign In   Register

Topic

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180572

Evening guy's, I've got a little bit of spare cash that's burning a hole in my pocket. I've been contemplating for a while now to have my TF remapped. Is it really worth the £239 or would I be better spending the money else where???.

My TF has recently past it's MOT with no problems, had a full service all fluids and filters changed and cars running great. I also have an mgoc super sports back box and a piper cross panel air filter fitted.

So should I go for it or not......

Steve.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180575

Well my thought is..whats the benefit of remapping going to be?...if it's just for extra power then answer this question..are you using the car on the track?...if your not then.a couple of hundred quid could soon get swallowed up elsewhere on these cars..so my thought is save it for anot her day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180577

It also gives you a better fuel economy, typically about 4-5 miles per gallon which doesn't sound a lot, but its 10%. Payback depends on how many miles you do but a quick calculation on 350 miles per tank on a £50 fill up it would for me it would pay for itself after 2 1/2 years in fuel.
Based on 6000 miles a year. A few extra horses is a bonus, as is the burble and pop that would undoubtedly be configured into the mapping.
It is on the list for me to do this year, and I would have probably done it last month if I hadn't have bought my ZT-T.

Sundance

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180578

I've been very pleased with my K-Maps re-map. I wasn't really after more 'ultimate' power - what I really wanted was more power/torque lower in the rev range and this has been achieved. I'm also getting better mpg - on my recent 970 mile round trip to Telford I averaged 44.9 mpg despite the A9 mountain section and some wet roads and strong winds. The engine just seems to be 'free-er'

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180580

My take on it is it depends what you want to achieve with a re-map.

If you want to get the max performance from the car then go for it.

Payback on fuel economy is not worth it in my book, 2 1/2 year return!

Makes the car easier to drive...maybe.

All good reasons to get a re-map as other have said.

I looked at it, and decided not to do it, as i enjoy my 135 TF as it is. I have enough power, it drives without any problems with pick-up, and has an exhaust not i am content with.

If i want to improve my TF I will replace it with a VVC, or move onto something completely different.

Spend the £200 on fuel and enjoy what you have!

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180589

I should add that I opted not to have the exhaust 'pop' or the rev limit raised to 7500!
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180590

I would keep the money as you never know what could happen tomorrow , be wise,

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180596

.........So should I go for it or not.......

I have never heard of anyone regretting it.........

And those above saying no haven't done it themselves ;)

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180607

Sorely tempted myself. Just can't justify the cost at the moment. The car could do with more power at lower revs, the engine is pretty gutless below 3500rpm or so, with the long gears and poor gearchange it's more of an issue than other cars.

That said the exhaust pop alone sounds worth the price alone...

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180608

I had it done on a rover 200 wish I hadent

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180609

I don't want any popping noises.

K maps or not ?? 6 years 6 months ago #180612

Surely the increase cost of the insurance premium would negate any savings in fuel economy? I don't imagine the insurance would chose not to charge for a remap?

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT