Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF 160 badge locations 6 years 7 months ago #179387

Hi there guys.

would anyone know the exact location of the rear TF 160 badges and the union jack/chequered flag badges under the side repeaters?
Is the 160 badge in line with the top part of the TF badge or the bottom?
If any of you have any pictures of theirs. it would be greatly apreciated.
Also the distance from the left seam to the start of letter T. I beleive it's somewhere towards the middle of the rear light

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Fixed smiley

MGTF 160 badge locations 6 years 7 months ago #179390

Here is the rear end...

The chequered flag sits under the side repeater as thus, I have seen them both ways up, so not sure which is correct.

My wings have both been repainted, so chances are they could be right or wrong if there is an option.....
There was no 160 badge fitted to the front wings, like the LE 500 had but you can get them to fit.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

MGTF 160 badge locations 6 years 7 months ago #179394

I'm pretty sure Sundances badges are spot on.Mine are in the same place and as far as I know are original.

MGTF 160 badge locations 6 years 7 months ago #179397

Cheers guys.
Nice looking MGs btw.
They look mint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194718

I realise that this post is over 3 years old but I need clarification over the union/chequer flags.

In the pictures above; the car with black wheels the badge leads with the chequer flag the other car leads with the union flag.

My belief is that leading with the union flag is correct format but can anyone offer a definitive answer?

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194719

If the Union Jack is accurate, you'll be able to tell which way is correct by the flag pattern. Flying 'The Jack' upside down is a sign of distress - which you don't need at Mallory Park!

For info: The Union Flag must be flown the correct way up. This is with the wider diagonal white stripe above the red diagonal stripe in the half nearest to the flag pole. The wider diagonal white stripe should be above the red diagonal stripe at the top left hand side of the Flag nearest the flag pole.

Last edit: Post by Winko. Reason: Adding more information.

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194721

Spookily the badges that I have appear identical whichever way you orientate them.

Attachments:

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194722

I was always led to believe that the chequered flag always sits above the Union Jack.

I was wondering if there were any third party badges made that did a St Georges flag badge or even a Saltire or St Andrews cross for our Scottish brethren. Welsh Dragon even!

Sundance

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194726

I believe the Union flag should be on top. :-)

In addition, I prefer to have the badge above the indicator, not below!

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194729

Well that is one vote each!

But I have found this MG sales brochure on ebay which clearly shows the correct orientation.
MG TF Sunstorm Car Sales Sheet #6091
Completed

Option 1 is the winner.

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194732

I was always led to believe that the chequered flag always sits above the Union Jack.

I was wondering if there were any third party badges made that did a St Georges flag badge or even a Saltire or St Andrews cross for our Scottish brethren. Welsh Dragon even!

Sundance

You certainly used to able to get those alternative badges. Now it seems that only the England variation is available
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

MGTF 160 badge locations 3 years 3 months ago #194746

I realise that this post is over 3 years old but I need clarification over the union/chequer flags.

In the pictures above; the car with black wheels the badge leads with the chequer flag the other car leads with the union flag.

My belief is that leading with the union flag is correct format but can anyone offer a definitive answer?

I love the diversity of this forum. Here we are discussing the correct way up of our Union Flag.

Every boy scout knows that this is the correct way up for the Union Flag:

So, in the picture you have posted, assuming the straight end of the flag represents the pole end, No 2 is correct.

I'm going to have to go out and check my car later. I hope it's right! :-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.295 seconds