Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF 75th Anniversary - back on the road! 6 years 8 months ago #179309

Well after having the car laid up over the last 8 months (I live in Canada and only come back to the UK for the summer months) I've finally had it out and surprise surprise, there were a few things that needed to be done! First up was the 60,000 mile service - thank goodness there was nothing untoward that needed doing but obviously had the cam belt replaced after last summer's antics in Italy!

And while it was in the garage thought I'd get a few extra things sorted:

- following advice from this forum I had a low water coolant alarm fitted - peace of mind to a certain degree now!
- a new water pump
- new speakers so I can actually hear the music that's playing

Once you start though you can't help but carry on with other bits! So....

- had a new roof and glass rear screen fitted by Peter Jones at MGFMania. I was a bit concerned about colour matching with the old one as the original was Grenadine red which is no longer available. However, the new roof is an almost exact match and looks absolutely amazing!!!
- I also asked Peter to install new brakes all round as the old ones were tiny and had a hard time stopping the car.

But as always there were the unexpected items - slow puncture so am now looking to replace the two of the tires, and while in France just now had a section of the engine insulation drop down behind the rear wheel and rest on the suspension. Took it to a local garage who managed to fit it back on with a plastic tie wire - not perfect but it should last until I can get it back to the UK!

So now I have a car which is working well again (fingers crossed) and looks stunning while driving around the south of France and Spain.

No doubt there'll be some more stuff that needs to be looked at in the near future but for now I'm just going to enjoy some roof down motoring this summer!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Ratherton.

MGF 75th Anniversary - back on the road! 6 years 8 months ago #179310

Hi , that's looking great . That hood really sets it off . We took our TF for a short trip to France last month and we really enjoyed it .

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT