Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 8 months ago #179297

Hello. Does anyone know the model numbers of the Kenwood audio systems offered for the TF. in 2002 please? A previous owner installed a rather hideous looking JVC unit in mine and I'd like to replace it with something correct for the model and year. MP3 playback and option to interface to an iPod would be nice too. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 8 months ago #179298

My 2004 tf has a original kenwood stereo..it's a krc391 and is hooked up to a kenwood cd autochanger. .which I believe is standard on the 2004 model
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 8 months ago #179300

Unless yours is a competition car I'd stick a nice modern one in there, with DAB and a USB input.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 8 months ago #179301

The kenwood head unit with CD changer my 2002 160 had in was a KRC-379R.

It's sat in a box in the garage next to the kenwood from my 2004 ZT160, because it's a bit crap.

As talkingcars says, get a modern one they're much better.

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 8 months ago #179312

I'll agree to the kenwood crapness..but I'm not changing mine while it's still working and it is less likely to get knicked. .it is a cassette player.and connected to the cd autochanger in the boot.is great.......a young lad at work laughed his head off when I showed him my mg.....a tape player he giģgled no way......and those little compartments for the tapes in the glove box with Alice Cooper. ..black sabbath and motorhead tapes neatly in them..... I do like the modern stereos my other cars have with touch screens and all the bull...but it's great to drive the mg and go back in time when cars were what they were without the fancy gadgets....when I had a landrover I had a good old fashioned push button radio in it...it added to the fun...

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 8 months ago #179315

Over the years I have had a CD/radio/tape/graphic equaliser multi speaker system when most cars didn't even have FM, my maestro van had a Sony system with individual sound stages and my baja bug was thought to be the first audio visual car in the UK.

I have a Kenwood in my F from circa 2008 complete with auto charger input, Bluetooth input and front USB.

I have a Kenwood in my ZS from circa 2012 complete with auto changer input, Bluetooth input and rear USB.

Neither are Kenwood crapiness, the first was bought to add CD to my previous ZS and then moved to the F when I got the DAB unit.
Both give decent sound on O/E speakers (ok the F has a mk2 set up) when coupled to an active sub.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 8 months ago #179326

Neither are Kenwood crapiness, .

May of meant crispness.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: Missing quote brackets.

TF 2002 Audio (Original) 6 years 7 months ago #179804

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Bargain here if someone is still looking for a crappy kenwood :lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.935 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT