Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179264

If you read this on a garage service list and advertised on their website, would you expect all these items to be changed ?........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................GENERAL SERVICE 125.00
Fuel Filter
Oil
Oil Filter / Air Filter
Platinum Tipped Spark Plugs
Antifreeze..............................................................................................one word answer please .....yes / no ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179265

Yes
David
:shrug:

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179270

Yes :yesnod:

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179271

yes.:nonod:

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179272

NO

If I am allowed to add a few more words B)

Oil...Yes
Oil filter....Yes
Air filter....Yes
Fuel filter....NO (unless specified)
Spark Plugs.....NO (unless specified) and not automatically platinum tipped
Antifreeze....NO

Fuel filter, Spark plugs and antifreeze are not supposed to be replaced every year.

MG recommended these at 60,000 miles or 4 years.

Also is it an "engine service", or "overall service", as I would expect more for an overall service, such as greasing and checks of suspension and brakes etc.

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179274

If it isn't obvious I'd ask.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179293

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

NO

If I am allowed to add a few more words B)

Oil...Yes
Oil filter....Yes
Air filter....Yes
Fuel filter....NO (unless specified)
Spark Plugs.....NO (unless specified) and not automatically platinum tipped
Antifreeze....NO

Fuel filter, Spark plugs and antifreeze are not supposed to be replaced every year.

MG recommended these at 60,000 miles or 4 years.

Also is it an "engine service", or "overall service", as I would expect more for an overall service, such as greasing and checks of suspension and brakes etc.

+1
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179308

Yes

Why be specific about platinum tipped spark plugs if they don't intend to fit them ?

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179313

Yes.

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179322

I'm with G0RSQ and Bertl on this, so +2.

And whilst I'm at it, why pay for a minor service anyway? Plugs etc are a doddle to fit and you can't beat National Tyres for an oil and filter change - they charged me £35.67 last time...but I did remove the engine access panel before I went, as part of the deal. They'll also do a free safety check whilst you're there on brakes etc. I've had nothing but good experience of them, which I can't say of Kwik Fit.

Winko

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179327

Yes

Why be specific about platinum tipped spark plugs if they don't intend to fit them ?

Unless I am mistaken, Glenrover added the list of items HE expected to be changed during a "General Service for £125", and not what the garage advertised would be changed!

Please correct me if I misunderstood as my response would of course be different.

mgf service poll 6 years 8 months ago #179330

Yes

Unless I am mistaken, Glenrover added the list of items HE expected to be changed during a "General Service for £125", and not what the garage advertised would be changed!

Please correct me if I misunderstood as my response would of course be different.

My understanding of glennrovers post was that the list was advertised in the garage and the website. Although to be fair without seeing the original advert we don't know if there were conditions or small print.

Apart from that - £125 for a general service !! - never paid for a service in my driving life. £125 should be enough of an incentive to learn how to do a service yourself.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT