Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Coolant temp. gauge not working 6 years 11 months ago #178038

Are you near a good scrappy, these are used on any number of vehicles? Go down with your sample, a pair of cutters & a couple of quid & I'm sure you'll come home with a replacement, then graft it on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: COMMANDER

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Coolant temp. gauge not working 6 years 11 months ago #178040

Thanks Airport able. That is of course an option. However living miles from anywhere and working Mon to Sat it is a difficult one but to be bourn in mind.

Anyway I have managed to get the pin out and found some appropriate wire and lots of bits and pieces. If I cannot connect the wire to the pin ( am useless at soldering ) I have found a very small female spade connector which crimped onto the wire should be able to be pushed up onto the sensor pin. But that's all got to wait till next Sunday now.

Coolant temp. gauge not working 6 years 10 months ago #178203

Fixed as per David Aiketgate. Now working again. Nice drive this morning in the sun. Topless of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Coolant temp. gauge not working 4 years 2 months ago #192531

Thanks all

just had exactly the same problem with my VVC. Glad I realised it was probably the plug before I stripped out the speedo cluster. Turns out the plug wiring had just been "helpfully" strapped aside with a cable tie during a clutch replacement. I bought a spare loom a while back to upgrade to electric mirrors so was easy for me to grab a spare plug and graft it on.

However, if anyone ever needs a new plug, I believe they are called Junior Power Timer onnectors, can be bought as a kit with a boot and contacts on eBay for £2-3 each.

e.g:
Genuine AMP/TYCO 2 Way Pin Junior Power Timer + Terminals Boot and Cable Seals
Buy It Now

Happy wiring,

Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Coolant temp. gauge not working 4 years 2 months ago #192537

This is the same site I use for many useful plugs and terminals. Junior Power Timer is correct.

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.859 seconds