Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

oil sump filter 7 years 2 weeks ago #176954

Hi
Posted recently re oil pressure light on despite changing the screw in sensor.
a friend has suggested that there is a mesh filter in the sump over the oil pick up, and that as the car has been stood for 5 yrs..despite having an oil change it could be clogged.
Is this possible?

many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

oil sump filter 4 years 5 months ago #191826

I’m having a similar problem. Did you find an answer in the end?

oil sump filter 4 years 5 months ago #191828

Hi . Having fitted an oil rail to a K series MG ZR I can't recall seeing an oil strainer but it was sometime ago. I've just had a look at the Rimmer Brothers site and it has got a strainer but it's not a very good picture.
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

oil sump filter 4 years 5 months ago #191829

Ah that’s interesting. My oil has been changed recently and looks a bit dirty still. I’m thinking of an oil flush first before messing around with removing the sump to clean it. I’m getting weird oil pressure light issues. Sensor changed, pressure check ok at 70psi but light flickers between 1st and 3rd under load but 4th and 5th, no issue even under load. Thinking sludge or a wire earthing somewhere!

oil sump filter 4 years 5 months ago #191833

There is a mesh screen inside of the oil pick up pipe. When I installed a uprated oil rail I found the screen partly blocked with silicone sealant from some Bozo using silicone to seal the oil pan to the block rather than the correct anaerobic sealant.
Mark
95 MGF

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT