Sign In   Register

Topic

Contactless low water level alarm project. 1 year 1 month ago #201322

Hi. Tell me what glue did you use to fit it to the header tank?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Contactless low water level alarm project. 1 year 1 month ago #201325

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I just saw an expansion bottle with sensor on Ebay. Were they an optional item and would they be as good as building one from scratch ? Item 234924961132

Contactless low water level alarm project. 1 year 1 month ago #201326

Hi. Tell me what glue did you use to fit it to the header tank?

Use what you like. Almost anything will do. I use Araldite but lots of people use silicone adhesive of one kind or another. I know somebody who has his held in place with a long cable tie.

Contactless low water level alarm project. 1 year 1 month ago #201327

I just saw an expansion bottle with sensor on Ebay. Were they an optional item and would they be as good as building one from scratch ? Item 234924961132

This tank and sensor form part of the system incorporated in cars from about 2005 onward. It can be retrofitted but you would need the rest of the circuit. The Brown & Gammon system is based on this tank and costs quite a lot. Get one of these or better still contact me here on The T Bar by private message for a significant discount :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73, Notanumber

Contactless low water coolant level alarm project. use original expansion tank 1 year 1 month ago #201328

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Bruce. PM sent

Contactless low water coolant level alarm project. use original expansion tank 1 year 1 month ago #201329

Wise move, there have been a number of systems describe on here over the years, some of which look less inspiring than others. Breaching an already suspect container to use a float switch was de rigueur at one time & I had one bobbing successfully about in my tank for a while, until I moved off to experiment with other things.
Although I use a different system involving a VW tank I would certainly adopt Bruce’s system were I to start again & gob it on with Sikaflex AT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135,

Contactless low water coolant level alarm project. use original expansion tank 1 year 1 month ago #201332

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Ordered. I was planning to run a cable from the back for a DIY electric boot release plus adding a loom for the rear speakers so can run the cable for this at the same time.

Is it practical Id be able to fit the warning led neatly in the speedo or rev counter for maximum visibility ?

Contactless low water coolant level alarm project. use original expansion tank 1 year 1 month ago #201358

If you have a manual TF then you can use the redundant automatic gearbox warning light on the dashboard, later TF's from June 2004 onwards have this warning light symbol replaced to a coolant tank low level indicator anyway with the wiring in place to fit a OEM sensor that is built into the tank and will plug straight in. A few months later they were fitted with a level sensor in the tank as standard.
The unused light I think is the second from the top on the right hand side, your manual will tell you where it is. Its easy enough to connect to it from the back of the instrument cluster PCB.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Contactless low water coolant level alarm project. use original expansion tank 1 year 1 month ago #201361

If you have a manual TF then you can use the redundant automatic gearbox warning light on the dashboard, later TF's from June 2004 onwards have this warning light symbol replaced to a coolant tank low level indicator anyway with the wiring in place to fit a OEM sensor that is built into the tank and will plug straight in. A few months later they were fitted with a level sensor in the tank as standard.
The unused light I think is the second from the top on the right hand side, your manual will tell you where it is. Its easy enough to connect to it from the back of the instrument cluster PCB.

Sundance

Actually just checked its the third light down on the right, illuminated orange in this picture. This is when I did the mod of contactless sender on my old TF.

Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135, Notanumber

Contactless low water level alarm project. 5 months 1 week ago #204784

Hi Bruce Paul from ebay re low level Alarm fitting instructions my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thank you

Contactless low water level alarm project. 5 months 1 week ago #204785

If you are asking Bruce to send you a copy of his coolant level alarm instructions it could be best to PM him rather than rely on him seeing your post on this thread.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT