Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Replacing internal heater pipes, day 3 3 years 3 months ago #194756

Browsing my new F/TF Rimmer catalogue I notice they do Stainless underfloor heater pipes , PEP102231SS, £96 inc VAT excl postage.

Just a clarification. These are the pipes that run in the centre console,:yesnod: not underfloor.:nonod:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replacing internal heater pipes, day 3 3 years 3 months ago #194759

That's what it says https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-PEP102231SS

It does also state as much at the bottom of the page.😜

Not cheap but fit and forget might be worth it.

Replacing internal heater pipes, day 3 3 years 3 months ago #194764

Your comment 'The old pipes contained a load of rust and debris, which is floating around the system' surprised me a little because my car is 23 years old but I have never seen rust and debris in the system. All I see is 'clean' antifreeze. I am sure that there is some debris in the system but microscopic in size. As for rust, no idea (I do have stainless steel underfloor pipes but not SS heater pipes). Was the debris very obvious and was it bits of metal, rubber et al?

Replacing internal heater pipes, day 3 1 year 2 months ago #200852

I'm in the midst of trying to replace the 5 hoses that go to/from the heater matrix.

I've removed almost everything the originator of this thread did, except I haven't yet removed the heater controls and its support bracket, but it doesn't seem that the pipes can be angled up towards the centre vents. Is it actually possible to remove the heater pipes the way it is described here?
Mark
95 MGF

Replacing internal heater pipes, day 3 1 year 2 months ago #200900

I can now confirm that the pipes do come out without having to remove the dash and heater assembly. The pipes have to come up and clearer the centre heater vents. The pipes cannot be removed from the passenger compartment until the two rear hoses are removed from the pipes.
Mark
95 MGF

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT