Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160725

Hello i am currently splitting down a quantity of used MGF & MGTF oil gauge and time clocks and ideally need to replace the black sealing ring when i rebuild them as i am finding it hard to remove without damaging.

Not the rubber one the metal one that presses on as pictured any idea what the name for this part is apart from metal ring?
X part do not sell it as a individual item.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160738

Can you warm it up to soften it before removing it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160740

ok a daft question or not here it goes......................what are you splitting them for?..............face change?......calibration?.......repair?...... :-? :-? :-?

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160743

Can you warm it up to soften it before removing it.

Maybe using one of those self heating packs for bad backs.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160746

Hello the chrome effect bezels are designed and shaped to fit over the existing black trim but thankyou for offering them up.

X part no longer have the black faced LE500 instruments in stock,pretty thin on the ground overall and the rrp was around £150.00 for the pair.
I have bought the genuine OE faces only which can be transferred over for a fraction of the price.

The ones pictured underneath are Genuine factory built up.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160752

These are what i built up.

Attachments:

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160753

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160763

Nice Job!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160765

They look cool! If I could find that bloody wire piece to fit my LE dials I'd have a set to match! Literally no one has those wires... I tried Shanghai, HongKong dealer, MGUK, Leoni direct, you name it... none!

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160769

They look cool! If I could find that bloody wire piece to fit my LE dials I'd have a set to match! Literally no one has those wires... I tried Shanghai, HongKong dealer, MGUK, Leoni direct, you name it... none!

Can't you make up a wire, can't be too tricky, surely.

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 8 years 8 months ago #160772

If I could get my hands on a Chinese built wire to copy maybe.. but can't even find one! It's annoying as there are some Speedo pods knocking around the net for sale but a complete lack of wiring to make them fit the Pektron enabled MGR TFs!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Splitting of oil gauge and time clock. 3 years 3 months ago #194811

If I could get my hands on a Chinese built wire to copy maybe.. but can't even find one! It's annoying as there are some Speedo pods knocking around the net for sale but a complete lack of wiring to make them fit the Pektron enabled MGR TFs!

i used these , fit perfectly in the clocks , just a little soldering thats it

https://www.tinytronics.nl/shop/nl/kabels/prototype-draden/dupont-jumper-draad-female-female-10cm-10-draden

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT