Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158460

Hi, another milestone reached today with the ceremonial filling of the coolant.
I have coolant pumping from the radiator bleed point and the same at the engine point but nothing from the heater.
Should it pump from here with the engine running or would the car facing slightly uphill be enough to stop it flowing.
The bleed nipple is removed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158462

Just done this bleeding myself....l also had nothing from the heater....i realized there was a blockage like crust....iwith the nipple open I inserted some wire and poked around and sure enough out came the coolant...i also had the heaters set in the hot position :woowoo:.....insure the expansion cap is off while venting bleed polnts

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158464

Just done this bleeding myself....l also had nothing from the heater....i realized there was a blockage like crust....iwith the nipple open I inserted some wire and poked around and sure enough out came the coolant...i also had the heaters set in the hot position :woowoo:.....insure the expansion cap is off while venting bleed polnts

Thanks I removed the nipple and unblocked it but nothing from the heater without the nipple. Is it safe to poke around further.

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158465

I removed the nipple and still had to prod fine wire into where the nipple screws in with little effort really ..i also worked on flat ground while doing the bleed procedure ....refitting of the expansion cap may prevent coolant bleeding successfully at this bleeding point :yesnod:...ive since done around 200 miles with no loss of coolant or overheating problems :woohoo:

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158469

I had no coolant from the heater bleed nipple.

After a strip down this is what I got out of the matrix :omg:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
Attachments:

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158471

whats a pound coin doing in there then :doh:

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158477

MG's made around Christmas always had a pound coin hidden away in them.
A little similar to the Christmas pudding tradition.

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158487

B) on a more serious side I looked where the nipple had been removed and saw what I believe is a dried out antifreeze..........like polish when its dried in your washer jets.......the crust if you like had a colour tinge to it................my anti freeze in my car was blue.............and the antifreeze I replaced it with was red oat antifreeze........I have heard that the old coolant should be flushed clear before adding the oat because they do not mix............maybe the last owner of my car drained the oat and replaced it with the none oat coolant.........could this have been the reason for me having a fine coloured crust in this area...............hope I made some sense there ;)

Bleeding coolant 8 years 10 months ago #158527

Hi got a chance to run the car till warm today and although there is still no sign of coolant from the heater, the air is hot from the vents.
So I think I'll leave well alone for now.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT