Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Not for everyone 8 years 11 months ago #158276

Granted this won't appeal to a lot.. but some may be interested..

After seeing photos of the Liberty Walk 458 I've been wondering how they got the smart white lettering on the side of the tyres..

Its not been done with a tyre pen.. as the lettering is much bigger than it would usually be

I personally love the look.. race car tyre ish I guess

Anyways.. the answer is this company in America

www.tredwearletters.com

Loads of YouTube videos out there of how they are applied etc.. and plenty of pics on their web site
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Not for everyone 8 years 11 months ago #158277

Where I first saw them..

http://thesupercarkids.com/liberty-walk-458-spider/

Not for everyone 8 years 11 months ago #158278

Quite dear at nearly £20 per wheel for the Toyo ones, wouldn't wear them myself....but would love to see an MG with them on .

Not for everyone 8 years 11 months ago #158281

When I worked for the haulage company there was a glitterprick* from South Wales who painted in all the logos on his Michelin shod truck.

It looked a bit naff and he got ribbed for it every time he came in our yard, even by the owner himself!!

I spoilt it for him one day when I had to replace a damaged front tyre with a hankook which was our tyre policy :oops:

He'd hassle me every time he came in for either a new mich or the rest of the tyres changing to hankooks :slapme:

* glitterprick, someone that covers their vehicle in shiny, pointless tat and tassels.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Not for everyone 8 years 11 months ago #158282

I remember painting the lettering on the tyres of my Sports Moped ....................................... showing my age now. Those were good for 45-50mph back then. Of course I was only 16.

Not for everyone 8 years 11 months ago #158338

I like the look of it to be fair and I used to paint the lettering on my tyre walls on my super bikes it just suits the superbike image ... never bothered doing it to a car though

Not for everyone 8 years 11 months ago #158373

Personally I'm not a fan of chrome and it makes me wince every time I see a certain MGF that has every bit of stick on chrome possible..

But totally get 'each to their own'

Once my new wheels arrive.. and the Federal cut slick go on.. and the lettering applied ill post pics.. so people can throw virtual stones lol

Think my new wheels will be very marmite too :woowoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT