Sign In   Register

Topic

The MGF Panther 9 years 3 months ago #154934

I've never understood the point of the electric roof. :nonod:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The MGF Panther 9 years 3 months ago #154951

I will upload a picture of what was removed when i get a spare minute.
Changed the firewall and sound proofing and carpet,there was bits bits cut away from it for the mounts for the rams.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

The MGF Panther 9 years 2 months ago #155949

As previously mentioned in this post them 17 inch momo wheels was not doing it for me so at first i tried a pepper twist alloy today.
Definite no it just looked wrong.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD. Reason: Added picture

The MGF Panther 9 years 2 months ago #155950

Fitted a set of 16 inch square,they are brand new with brand new eagle F1 tyres. New Oe nuts,for me the car now resembles a mgf and with the other work done new roof and interior refitted cosmetically the car is now where i want it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

The MGF Panther 9 years 2 months ago #155951

Attachments:

The MGF Panther 9 years 2 months ago #155965

I like what you are doing with the interior. The genuine alloy bits on the F are better than the pretend plastic versions on the TF and add a touch of class. I like the mix of piano black & alloy that you have gone for. I'm never quite sure whether I prefer piano black or silver for the centre console but one or the other would be my choice 9rather than 'techno' or 'wood').

Two other things I'd be doing are:

These are solid alloy door kickplates made by Mike Satur - hard to come by.

These are MS pedal covers. Been on the car for nearly 2 years now with no issues.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT MG SPARES LTD

The MGF Panther 9 years 2 months ago #155971

When I first started reading this topic i wasn't a fan of the Panthers look, now tho it looks a so much better the lights and the square spoke wheels transform the looks also the new hood looks a million dollars. Really enjoyed reading your posts keep up the good work love to see folk doing this to these lovely wee cars. :broon:
Thanks

Alan

The MGF Panther 9 years 1 month ago #156387

Yes that reminds me i have some used Mr Satur MGTF billet alley foot pedals as pictured, if anybody wants them please pm,however probably best to check with insurance company before fitting for road use. I am selling as for show purposes only. If you use for road use you do at your own liability.
Without being disrespectful Mr Satur stuff is well engineered but i took these off a car i bought with them already fitted i just could not get used to them.
I tried to tone the panther down and removed all the shiny cosmetic i a bit boring i guess.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

The MGF Panther 9 years 1 month ago #156432

Have no idea of the make but these were on "Elsie" when she arrived and have proven to be no problems at all:-

I see one of the little rubber pads is missing. Don't recall if it wa smissing before or not. Please excuse the mud but we do live in a very rural area so there is mud everywhere. Keeping a car clean is a right nightmare.

The MGF Panther 9 years 1 month ago #157204

Fitted the MGF rear lights back in today in place of the TF rear lights that was ftted keeping with the theme of putting it back to slightly original.Added the inner light protectors and renewed the boot interior carpet.
Refitted a new windscreen scuttle the previous owner had a new windscreen fitted and i presume thats how the corners of the old scuttle got cracked.
Fitted a second hand slam panel and stainless bolts,some horn brackets,a new genuine LE500 under bonnet black plastic trim cover with MG logo also good degrease and wax under the bonnet.
Sad i know.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

The MGF Panther 9 years 1 month ago #157208

Actually I don't think it's sad at all. In fact I have to admire your dedication and would just like to say ........................................................ Well Done sir and keep it up.

I doubt that I will be able to get my MGF's up to this standard but will try.

The MGF Panther 9 years 6 days ago #157895

Thankyou Plezier, I obviously have the unfair advantage over most average enthusiasts being in business with these cars,however i cannot help but share my enthusiasm with my own cars that i work on.To keep the privacy of my customers i dont post about work i do to other cars plus i dont want to attract more work i have not the time.

I have fitted this Grey roof,however it is brand new i am not sure if i like it as much as the black roof.
Opinions good or bad valued please.
Providing i can get a few hours saturday i plan to take the panther to PRIDE OF LONGBRIDGE.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD. Reason: usual spelling adjustments
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT