Sign In   Register

Topic

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148392

Remember reading the original posts (before they were edited by poster) about how much quicker it was due to the 'race head' only for Jon Norris to discover head was stock when HGF occurred..

Also some claims about the superior suspension mods and custom work.. I asked for pics/specs etc and 'the car is too low to measure' was the reply..

Same with the super sport one.. I asked several questions about ARB diameter.. Drop link spec and brake set up.. All to be ignored..

Look forward to the pics after you have worked your magic :broon:

Anti roll bar,droplinks 240 brakes all standard OE i post some pics of current condition

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148393

Yes everything takes hours and hours and hours... In fact I've spent around 35 hours wiring.. Which I would of thought was impossible in an MGF given its size..

Making smile reading your honest comments instead of the hype.. Custom motor sport suspension.. Lmao

Will be once once you've done the work..

Keep it then? Or sell it on?
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Re:Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148394

Quick question. Shouldn't the kit still show it's stainless steel security screws rather than looking blended? I've got an old cheetah body kit (minus the bumpers and a spat) in my shed and that had original holes which show the screws.... I thought they were left to make it look more 'sporty'?

Re:Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148400

Been reading MGE it is JULY 2011 edition. The article about the cheetahs. The guy who owns the red one and green one,his kit as no fixings showing,but comments on how he liked it original,quote with rivots showing ? even the original press release shows them smooth and i have not seen one rivoted on the car
Adam I came across yours on Ebay showing the fixing holes which confirmed to me it had them originally.
The panther kit looks like it been off recently most likely tiger sealed back on i will be removing on the strip down so can comment on how its been attached to body until further down the line.
I Dont plan to far ahead but as it stands no plans to sell it on Allan.

Re:Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148402

Been reading MGE it is JULY 2011 edition. The article about the cheetahs. The guy who owns the red one and green one,his kit as no fixings showing,but comments on how he liked it original,quote with rivots showing ? even the original press release shows them smooth and i have not seen one rivoted on the car
Adam I came across yours on Ebay showing the fixing holes which confirmed to me it had them originally.
The panther kit looks like it been off recently most likely tiger sealed back on i will be removing on the strip down so can comment on how its been attached to body until further down the line.
I Dont plan to far ahead but as it stands no plans to sell it on Allan.

Wondered if you'd seen it - I bunged it on as a laugh really - no one will want it (hence silly price to see if any interest) - All it did was cause me to get slagged off on .org (what a surprise I hear you say!) ... Mine came off a Cheetah that had been smashed at the front, I have somewhere the stainless steel security screws that it was held on with. They have those star heads with a little pin in the middle to stop star bolts being used to remove them.

Re:Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148403

As discussed above.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Diesel Destroyer

Re:Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148404

It would have sold a long time ago if you had the extra side piece even without the bumper.The chappy i bought the panther off claims to know somebody who as a original krafthaus front bumper but said he wouldnt part with it for love nor money.
Incidentally backtracking to my early posts on this topic The guy who i bought the panther off did buy that original turbo technics silver 99 mgf on ebay for sale the one where the overtightened charge belt suppost to have snapped and destroyed the engine.
It was there when i collected the panther, he let me have a nose around.There is only the bottom end and box left in the shell, he said he sold the charger emerald etc.
I was mildly interested when it came up for sale complete prior to him buying it. Advertised at the time as one of the rare ones that actually went to TT for £10000 conversion so was suprised to see standard pistons in the lump.I suspect TT trimmed bits of the crank only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148417

Can see why the former owner now posted 'this is probably the most modified F ever'

Before editing and denying he'd written that (except I quoted him and it shows on my post)

:bust:

Panther for sale 9 years 6 months ago #149383

Been busy swapping a lot of the parts of the SAIC MG UK 60 plate MGTF on to me red TF today and with the green mgf still to put back together when it comes back from bodyshop will not be doing nothing to heavy on the panther until some other projects finished,
However i did take the panther for a little warm up run this morning but not without making some minor cosmetic adjustments.
The chrome air intakes was just to bling for me, replaced them with original MNX silver.
A hour spent removing the ridiculous triangle wing repeaters which had been glued on (heat gun followed by a bit of G3 Paste) replaced with some original OE indicators.
Finally got rid of that Motorsport badge off boot same again was glued on.
Tried to replace just the coathanger looking whip on the aerial,found the male thread had been glued in to the base,so replaced both with a OE whip.
Going to fit some new standard silver headlights next,the attempt at replicating the trophy that are in have got to go,i have some original trophy lights but i dont think they suit this car i also will replace the Rear TF Lights with some original Mgf and AP brakes if i can fit it in next saturday.
I wanted to debling it and let the kit be the main focus.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

The MGF Panther 9 years 6 months ago #149387

Looking better already :clap:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT MG SPARES LTD

The MGF Panther 9 years 6 months ago #149416

Whilst I understand this is a rare variation on the MGF having spent some time looking at the photos am still undecided as the to look of the kit. Even the original Trophy spoiler is obviously an after thought and add on:-

It's not really harmonious is it?

Now at the right price I would not turn one down but would not go looking out for one especially.

I really must congratulate you though on saving this MGF and restoring it to it's former glory :yesnod: .

The MGF Panther 9 years 6 months ago #149421

I have to be honest i am not totally convinced with the kit ,never have been,especially the rear bumper spats,and the original avos i did like,the current alloys might lighten my mood once i get them refurbed.
The car as a lot more time to be put into it to be considered restored by myself.
However it is rare,and being a enthusiast is the reason i bought it.
I would go out of my way to buy a original cheetah same again like most of my cars not something i use but very rare so if anybody finds one there is a buyer waiting providing the price was reasonable.
The trophy splitter is something i do like i have two anthracite trophy and the splitter fitted on all my mgfs apart from a totally standard 1995 white mgf,live and let live but the foglights not for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plezier

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT