Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142462

Fitted two new grease nipples to my TF The new ones have a 45 degree turn in them plus plastic caps
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142464

Replaced the heater Rezpack, fitted the intake snorkel & made/fitted a servo bracket.

Well pleased, wasn't expecting to get this all sorted til the weekend.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142470

Got pulled for speeding :oops:

Broke down with flat battery :nonod:

Removed rubber coating from centre consol :broon:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142526

Fitted the replacement Air Bag Slip ring so no SRS lights up now and the horns work again. Also cleaned the door cards as had not gotten around to those until now. In the morning in daylight will fit the new LED 501's that arrived today and see if i can see why the reversing lights don't illuminate at all.

Earlier it was get the (VAE) Luxury parchment interior ito "Elsie". Few little snagging jobs to do and get the new speakers fitted. We drained some gear box oil to get it tot eh correct level as it was over filled. Adjusted the gear change cable to make 1st & 3rd easier to engage as the lever was fouling the gaiter ring.

"Blue 33" has her seats out so the carpets can be re-fitted. Still plenty to do though.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142529

replaced two front shocks and removed the heater resistor and soldered in the new rezpax coils, i am now double jointed, the only tip i can offer to refitting the heater resistor pack it to use some double sided tape around the edge of pack, pop into position and the tape should hold it long enough while you get the two screws refitted. all 4 speeds now work on the heater. and its time for some weekend :drive:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142533

Went to the scrappy and got a SAAB boot release and a R25 steering wheel with audio controls and ordered the audio controls adaptor for my Alpine headunit and a Freelander stalk set from eBay all for a few mods I'll be doing in the next few weeks.
Also got hold of a radio ariel adaptor so I've now got working radio B)

Topped up the coolant tank again (and again and again and again, lol)

Found that my drivers side seatbelt has decided to stop retracting properly!! :-?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142534

More work on dismantling the front lights to add DRLs.

Decided to remove the chrome rings so it's easier to attached the ringed LEDs. Now that the proof of concept is proven I plan to complete the conversion today....all other interruptions notwithstanding! :whistle:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142535

Came back from a week in Wales in the ZS to find that MJS had repaired the suspension - now to get the alternator replaced and in for a MOT.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142754

Four nice new Toyo Proxes fitted.

General check over before mot, probably next week now

Robin
Robin ;)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142755

Robin

Hope you get more miles out of your toyos than me, back ones down to the wear band after 8 months and 7k miles, whoops, should start and behave like my age, not a teenager...
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142759

Robin

Hope you get more miles out of your toyos than me, back ones down to the wear band after 8 months and 7k miles, whoops, should start and behave like my age, not a teenager...

On Meg I have only ever used Falken 452's as I got good grip and great wear out of them.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 10 months ago #142766

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Robin

I really need to put some new tyres on my old girl too, but I don't think I'll go with Proxies again if I can help it. I have to find something that will grip as well as the GSD3's I had previously.

two jobs this week;

1. Change the coolant
2. Change the brake fluid.

Craig

Last edit: Post by bacchus.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT