Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141196

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
...nothing. Was raining every single day.

As I have no chance to build a garage or shed I think about a tent or gazebo to work outside.
Let's see if I find a bargain...
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141267

Just got in from work and Creamed the leather :bust:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141268

Changed LH rear caliper and rear discs today. Braking much improved though I think there's still more to come when they bed in properly. Flickering brake warning light is no more :woo2:

Also finally got round to fitting my CDA induction kit.

Took it for a spin, top down. WOW :omg: :woohoo: :woohoo: . Big difference. I don't know what it's done in terms of bhp but the car is undoubtedly much quicker now and the induction kit is working really well with the 52mm throttle body. It was revving way into the red zone and the limiter was coming on. It felt like there was a lot more to come. Definitely better than the Pipercross PK091 that I had on and quieter while still having a nice sound.

Happy bunny :woowoo:

Robin
Robin ;)

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141272

Not a lot. I came home sick from work on Friday, so was not up-to much this weekend. Plus Sunday was lost to Mother's Day. So I missed my deadline and the cars not finished. But I did get the mini taxed today and will be going out later to make lot of noise and frighten motorists in more modern cars. happy days :-)

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141299

Nothing at all...

Just driving around in a problem free car!!

Even had a good race with a yoof in pug 308 the other night :drive:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141529

Finished putting the TF together today, and gave her a quick wash. Just need to take her to my local preferred garage to get the sill welded up and she'll be 100% ready for summer. :-)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141536

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Cleaned the jiggle valves, refilled the cooling system, bled, bled, bled again.
No overheating during the test drive. :woohoo:

Can't tell you how much I hope this is solved now.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141543

One of the tail pipes fell off the Milltek S/Sport exhaust. Just cracked thro at the side of the weld.
After stripping it down found that there were cracks in bits all over. So took the decision to buy a new Double S Sport S/Steel from Martin (Auntie Wainwright) Smiths emporium in Somerset. Unfortunately he didn't have one in stock but very kindly loaned me a second hand one to tie me thro for a week or so.
As always when you visit Martins place you can never come away with just the thing you want!!!!! hence the Auntie Wainwright tag.
Two rear light covers, complete carpet set from late model TF to replace those ill fitting flimsy ones in my car, a rear engine cover carpet and sound proofing cover from the same car. Two replacement door cards to upgrade the interior, a replacement snorkel. Oh and a pair of original MG Carpets mats. So you can guess what I've been doing this weekend.

When I go back later in the week for the new exhaust, I'm also hoping to pick up a TF air intake to replace the puny one in my 2000 MY F and I'll no doubt end up with something else.

Tone

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141618

Finally got the rotted front sub frame out:-

In the last one what you cannot see is the flakes and rust scale that have almost filled up the inside of the box section. You cannot actually see the head of the front wish bone bolt for the scale and flakes.

Also got a couple of 5mm alloy spacers for the front wheels to allow these to fit:-

New correct length bolts.

Cheap universal 5mm spacer.

Which allows the 16" LE Multispoke wheels to clear the caliper.

Had to have the wheels re-balanced with the weights on the inner edge. The AP's are being stripped and serviced and probably painted before fitting. got new pads and am awaiting the the new wear plates and bolts from Mike Satur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141621

Took the car for a short test drive this evening, as I'm taking it for the sill to be welded up tomorrow. I've also asked them todo an MOT as it's due in 30 days. Any way she drove well, excepting the brakes felt a bit soft. So I've re-bled the fronts this evening. No air present in the fluid so concluded that I've just forgotten what they feel like. Took it for another run and it stops fine.
The Daytona sounds fantastic! I was seduced in to giving it the full beans on the last bit of the journey. I'm still grinding like a dement fool 1hour later. :-D

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141637

Finally got round to having the bodywork sorted. Had all the rust done, scratches, dents and scuffs, new bonnet and then all painted.

Regards

Chris
If your going to have one, Have a big one!

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141639

Took the car for a short test drive this evening, as I'm taking it for the sill to be welded up tomorrow. I've also asked them todo an MOT as it's due in 30 days. Any way she drove well, excepting the brakes felt a bit soft. So I've re-bled the fronts this evening. No air present in the fluid so concluded that I've just forgotten what they feel like. Took it for another run and it stops fine.
The Daytona sounds fantastic! I was seduced in to giving it the full beans on the last bit of the journey. I'm still grinding like a dement fool 1hour later. :-D

Sill is welded up and MOT passed. Time to :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT