Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 4 months ago #197839

......I also discovered that one of the wheel nuts was missing the chrome cover which means I can't remove that wheel using the wheel brace....good thing I haven't had a puncture!

Try a 18mm socket.

I did that to get the wheel off, but I'll replace it to save carrying the bar and socket everywhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 4 months ago #197848

Life of LED bulbs depends on the quality, I have got side lamp LED bulbs which have been in there for around 9 years, the cheap Chinese ones that cost about £1 each only lasted a few months!!!!!!!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 4 months ago #197866

Waiting to go and collect it from its former owner then I shall warm it through very gently and bring it home on Friday night. Saturday will be spent getting the hardtop and boot rack off and preparing for a nice long run.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 4 months ago #197886

Took the hardtop off, raised the hood, sprayed the hood with Scotchguard, started cutting and polishing then had to take the minister for Domestic Affairs out in the new car. The reaction was surprisingly positive, along the lines of "Looks nice/not an old wreck/ not draughty/well of course it is noisy, it is a soft top/ good heater/my God it is low down/ They'll be able to hear us coming." Think I will be allowed to keep it.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 4 months ago #197936

Driving it and getting to know it. Found a lot of non standard things. Coated the roof with Fabsil, refitted the left hand mirror lever, polished the glass and put the cover over it. I shall spend Christmas cleaning it up and making it as tidy as possible.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 3 months ago #197943

Found a K and N kit under the bonnet together with a modded throttle body. I gave my cleaning kit away when I sold my aeroplane so had to go to Halfords for a new one, currently on offer at £12.99. the filter was black with crud and is now air drying in the garage. Started cleaning up the engine bay and removed all the trim rubbers and seals, cleaned up underneath them and replaced them. Need to get some glycerine to make them quieter. Found that the hood b pillar rubber was not properly fitted and knocked another few dB off the internal racket then tied a tight band of elastic to the hood bow and managed to lower the roof fully with one hand. Will sew Velcro to the ends now and make a pair of them.

Last edit: Post by minimax. Reason: Phone thinks it knows better but has a limited vocabulary

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 3 months ago #197945

Replaced a section of rear brake pipe, fitted 2 new rear brake calipers along with new braided flexi hoses..
As the flexi kit came as a full set I decided to replace the front hoses while I was at it... however there is no way the front pipes are parting company with the flexi pipes so started striping back ready to replace both front brake pipes.
Why does one job just lead to another :(

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 3 months ago #197946

Found a K and N kit under the bonnet together with a modded throttle body. I gave my cleaning kit away when I sold my aeroplane so had to go to Halfords for a new one, currently on offer at £12.99. the filter was black with crud and is now air drying in the garage. Started cleaning up the engine bay and removed all the trim rubbers and seals, cleaned up underneath them and replaced them. Need to get some glycerine to make them quieter. Found that the hood b pillar rubber was not properly fitted and knocked another few dB off the internal racket then tied a tight band of elastic to the hood bow and managed to lower the roof fully with one hand. Will sew Velcro to the ends now and make a pair of them.

Err, Aeroplane !!!????!!!! ✈ 🛩🛫🚁 Information please .

John

PS sorry for hijacking the post .

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 3 months ago #197947

Single seater wood and fabric homebuilt fun machine. No range, no payload and no aerobatic performance but a sweet little taildragger with fighter like handling, very short takeoff and a need for careful landing, particularly in more than 8 knots of crosswind. I found myself spending lots of time and money and not flying it enough so I sold it and fly somebody else's 'cos if it flies, floats or fornicates, you're better off renting!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 3 months ago #197950

I actually cleaned the car in and out.

Used Hood cleaner and protector on mohair, folded it down and put hard top on for winter.

Used Bilt Hamber -

Auto Wash
Regular Clay Bar
Auto Clean-Polish
Autobalm

Never used a clay bar before but was easy and picked up a suprising amount of crap from paint.
Autobalm is a bit weird at first but small amount on a two foot square section then polish straight off.

Never usually bother this much but I wanted to give the paint some protection. Car is now liquid shiny, quite impressed.
It will look good for a couple of days until the local crows and ravens shit all over it.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 3 months ago #197955

if it flies, floats or fornicates, you're better off renting!

Never a truer word said!
I use that line frequently, I'm sure it's by the American writer PJ O'Rouke
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 3 months ago #197965

It is a lot older than that But he gets his place in heaven for :
"There are numerous mechanical devices that cause sexual arousal in women, of which the best is called a Mercedes 280SL convertible."

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT