Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193662

Most simple generators have oil level sensor . Low oil level no start.
I've spotted 2 Fs suitable for recycling sad I know . What's needed is someone in Liverpool area where we can play dismantle . Our garage ,/wshop too valuable and tidy . Any offers ,?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193663

Happy days, MOT passed again with no advisories. Really happy since I have owned the car its never picked up an advisory on its MOT.
Proof indeed that proper maintenance works.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Fisher

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193666

Great success it starts like crazy with the plug off the brown 2 wire sensor .
New sensor ordered.
Put back no start cold .off on off on
Proof ok new petrol too. MOT soon.
MGC all.welding that needs a brain done . Rear end clean up tmorow .
A new day .The temp sensor is ok .All the ohms reading are the same as the new one . So it's down to the(steptronic) engine ECU. . Have to check 5 volts and earth to temp sensor . Starts great with it unplugged . More work on the MGC paint under

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193667

If your car starts with the sensor unplugged and its not the sensor, I would be certain you have a short circuit on the wire leading from the sensor to the ECM try tracing back the pink and black and pink and green wires to the unit and try disconnecting them on the ECM itself. If it starts ok, then you may have to either trace the wiring to find the issue or try to replace it.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193690

Wasn't going to bother taxing the tf this year but somehow I felt sorry for it....so today I taxed it even though it is raining cats and dogs.maybe it was that weekend drive up the peaks in one of my other cars that inspired me to tax it...my other car has more power and comfort but when driving around narrow country roads on a hot day...nothing beats the tf.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193691

Hi mgtfbluestreak. That's just how I felt and only decided to tax it so I could MOT it . It's chucked it down ever since I tested it and even though lock down has eased I just don't want to go far in it at the mo. Besides which , around here this chuffing C19 seems to have brought out the worst drivers I've witnessed. With all the restrictions on things like car shows being cancelled and our roadtrip to France being postponed I've even thought about selling it. :nonod:
John

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193693

Yes john I keep thinking of that meatloaf track from years ago....all revved up and no place to go..had thought about getting rid...but like my landrover I missed it once it had gone....
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193708

Got home from work tonight and got the tf out of lock down. ..first time in natural daylight since October 2019...may take it out tomorrow morning...I will see what carol kirkwood has to say about the weather.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193710

Everybody passed MOT and tax paid for . More for steptronic tax .than old Bentley turbo . . My F starting from cold all the time . Did poor dusty paint spray boot and bonnet. . Spent a bit of time cutting back and machine polishing . Looks better .If fact it just looks like old paint rather than horrible new paint.
The MGC ? Gets new front discs a bit of chassis painting then off ramp .
Out with the F Monday.. Australian MG site talks of GGL .what the hell. ? Stands for Great Green Lump .the MGC engine .

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193720

Lots of work again on the TF, side mirrors removed and resprayed as the paint had started to look a bit worn. New drivers side door handle fitted, the correct shade of XP Grey this time, and since I had the rattle cans out, I repainted the old door handle the correct shade of grey as a spare. Boot spoiler has also been taken off and the stripes removed as I am preparing the car to go to the paintshop to get all of the niggly rust spots sorted out again. Every panel has at least one! New front splitter also arrived and is ready to paint too.
The stripes were a real pain to remove, it took me 9 hours to fully de-stripe the car! I should be getting the stripes re-fitted after the painter has finished.
I will probably fit new mesh in the boot lid and front bumper too.
Phew!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193727

Removing those stripes you must have the patients of a saint...9 hours...:nonod: :nonod:..anyway after the tf came out of lock down I had driven it around looking dusty .....so tonight I polished the car....not a pitstop clean by all means but good enough for a short Sunday runout tomorrow. ..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 9 months ago #193768

Added a tow rope to the tfs tool kit...
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT